When windows audio output changes MuLab freezes

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Morning.

This is happening when you turn on the bluetooth speaker which is paired with your pc. Widows audio redirects sound to the bluetooth speaker and in that very moment MuLab freezes.
2020-11-20 09_22_16-MuLab _ compost_v2 (Not Responding).png
The same thing is happening when MuLab is playing through bluetooth device and you switch off the device. MuLab will immediately freeze and only thing you can do is to restart application.

It would be nice if audio settings are working and one can select the new output without restarting the application.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Audio settings to recreate this issue:
2020-11-20 09_33_35-Audio Setup.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Changing the audio device while MuLab is playing is not supported.
It's like removing the wheels of a car while you are driving.
So if you change the audio device,
1 ) Goto MuLab menu -> Audio Setup. This will deactivate the audio driver.
2) Now apply the change in your setup.
3) Click OK in the MuLab's Audio Setup dialog. This will re-activate the audio driver.

This is perfectly fine, I would not expect support of that kind. But application itself could not freeze so update of the audio output is possible.
This is happening as well even if MuLab is not playing.

pseudonym_303 wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:05 pm But application itself could not freeze so update of the audio output is possible.
To avoid the freeze, use the procedure listed above. That's a structured and neat way to change something in your audio setup while MuLab is launched.
This is happening as well even if MuLab is not playing.
With "Playing" i mean playing = processing in general. Even when the composition is not playing MuLab still is playing = processing as you can still play the synths and effects via MIDI.

I know the drill. This is happening because of the kids playing with headphones / speaker power buttons (which is then unexpected change of the audio) :cry:
Other than that I do not have issue.

Return to “MUTOOLS”