Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

asking very quiet: what about M1 support :ud:

Good question, wondering that too. :)

No Mac M1 here yet.
Do one of you already have a Mac M1?
Can you get MuLab running on it via Rosetta?

At this moment there is no support for Mulab 8.7.6. The Mac M1 refuses to install Mulab.

I'm not sure if the same would work for an M1 Mac, but I have Mulab running in the latest version of Big Sur booted from an external drive on an intel Mac. I wanted to use a fresh install so I downloaded the latest versions of MuLab (mulab-free-8-6-24-mac64 and mulab-8-7-6-mac64). The installation is slightly more involved than in Mojave. You need to control click the Quarantine Remover to get it to run (compared to Right Clicking it in Mojave) and then drag the MuLab.app and REX Shared Library.bundle onto the Quarantine Remover before launching (in Mojave you only need to do this to the MuLab.app). I normally keep the MuLab folder in my Home Folder rather than in the main Applications folder and in the System Preferences I also set the Security & Privacy general preference to "App Store and Identified Developers" but I'm not sure if either is necessary with the control click method of installing.

I have MacBook Air M1 and it installed fine and working...haven't gone deep but it is working.

Return to “MUTOOLS”