Gated Reverb

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there

I've been trying to get this to work for a year now. The Gated Reverb reverb effect in Mulab. How do you link your drums up to it? Should I be adding another reverb before or after it on the same track? Or do I need to put on it's own standalone track and send to it? Anyway all that changes when it's applied to the drum track is the wet and dry of the drum. Any help appreciated. I'm still learning... Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It uses note events to open / close the gate. So drag-drop the Gated Reverb to a new track and insert a note sequence that controls the gating. FYI: You're using an older version of MuLab. In MuLab 8 the Gated Reverb preset has been updated and includes a trigger button on the front panel.

How do the notes control the gating though? Or could you give a midi/notation/note-by-note example of a note sequence that might work? Thanks

I'll get back on this soonish.

Actually I figured it out. It's just the length and force of each midi note hit. So the reverb is gated to as long as the note lasts, and the force is the amount of reverb applied. Thanks.

Yes indeed, glad to hear you found the way :tu:

As it needs a separate gate event signal, which may be too complicated for some users, in the next M8 update there will be a new module which makes it possible to create a gated reverb purely based on an incoming audio signal, eg a snare drum.
That new module (which can control the length of note events) will also be useful when using the original drum events to trigger the gated reverb.

More info coming soon.

Great. Also forgot to say am doing it from within Multisampla.

mutools wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:51 pm(...)That new module (which can control the length of note events) will also be useful when using the original drum events to trigger the gated reverb.
wow, that is just what i was looking for! :party:

Attached an upgraded version of the Gated Reverb.
It now works automatically on the audio input. (eg a drum sound)

How it works:
The incoming audio creates a note even trigger which controls an amp envelope thru which the reverb goes.
The Gate Length controls how long the gate is opened, then the Attack + Release control the amp envelope.
The reverb sound itself can be edited by clicking the open editor button (arrow up-right) on the effect slot.

Thanks to the use of an effect slot you can use any reverb, also a VST reverb!
Or even another type of effect.

Note that this MUX preset needs M8.6.28 or up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MUTOOLS”