Replace docked midi keyboard with master audio level meter (Feature request)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I am constantly struggling on my screen to get a view of the master levels (moving plugin guis around) and I never use the docked midi keyboard. It would be nice to have an option to replace the docked midi keyboard with the master level...

I tried setting up a floating audio level meter but it's vertical...having the capability to rotate this one to horizontal would be another alternative.

Thanks,

The docked one horizontal next to the keyboard would be great for me too. Perhaps with a master volume control too. You could reduce the size of the keyboard a little, allowing both the keyboard and the VU to be shown there.

"Master" is just a label on any channel. Any channel can have hardware outs. You might have "Headphones", "Amp" and "Tape deck" channels. Which of those should be shown?

*EDIT*
Actually, I think a couple of things might check for a channel labelled "MASTER" already but I forget what they are. I'm just wary of hard-wiring things...
Last edited by pljones on Thu Dec 31, 2020 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Good point...might as well make it a drop menu perhaps like we have at the bottom of a channel?

Regardless of which rack is used as the Master, there is a final output from MuLab to the audio output of a PC. This could be what is being monitored.

First of all: Happy new year everyone :)

Regarding the idea of a project-wide master level & meter: Should that be applied when exporting an audio file? Personally i think the answer is yes.

Happy New Year to all...

How does MuLab output to the PC? via Sound Driver? Whatever the last stage is should be where the Volume acts upon and the VU meter monitors, imho.

This is the point of monitoring master points after all. To make sure the outgoing volume isn't exceeding a certain level.

mutools wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:40 pm Question regarding the idea of a project-wide master level & meter: Should that be applied when exporting an audio file?
Happy New Year, Jo and all users!
I don't need this feature. As far as I understand, one of the racks is the master-output and will show the output-level in case the small triangle-slider is set correctly.

There are features I miss more:
1) Tempo-track for soft changes
2) beats per bar changes
3) More than one MIDI-track visible in Edit-mode or at least same time position and zoom-setting when switching between tracks in Edit-mode.

Return to “MUTOOLS”