Qick test: free MCP Beats vsti with mulab

Official support for: mutools.com
KVRer
19 posts since 13 Oct, 2004

Post Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:26 am

I did a quick test of the free MPC Beats version with Mulab 8.6.26 64 Bit Windows 10. Not using the MPC sequencer but the Mulab sequencer (only 1 instance possible with several to this instance routed tracks). The good: Very good sounds, especially drums and e-piano and (house)-piano. Good chord player with lots of interesting presets. The bad: On my enviroment (no MPC hardware but a "normal" midi keyboard without pads) it was nearly impossible to recall an 8 track song with the right settings. Wrong chord pad settings, recording arm settings, mute/unmute settings after loading a saved song in Mulab. I´m sure that it´s not an issue of Mulab because the standalone version of MPCBeats shows the same wrong behaviour. Saving-tries other way (not with Mulab) - with MPC Beats program or section save: same thing. At the other hand I cannot imagine that this AKAI product has so many bugs. Anyways. It is free. Has anybody similar experiences or any hints?

KVRian
1269 posts since 4 Oct, 2012 from Utah

Post Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:07 pm

AKAI is a hardware manufacture with software benefits. It's not uncommon for provided software to have bugs, especially when it's essentially a sound set/sequencer like MPC Beats. I have an MPK 261 which works flawlessly with Mulab under the Generic MIDI configuration (Mulab has no special MIDI controls or schemes like other DAWs). I suspect this is just a shortcoming of the AKAI software, especially if you're not using AKAI hardware to integrate with it.

KVRer

Topic Starter

19 posts since 13 Oct, 2004

Post Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:33 am

Hi Dakkra,
thanks a lot for your informations.

Return to “MUTOOLS”