MT-UserFolderLogDump

Official support for: mutools.com
KVRer
21 posts since 3 Apr, 2009

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:25 am

Every time I close Nuendo 10 (10.3/W10 pro 64bit), Nuendo generates a txt.file named as "MT-UserFolderLogDump-20210117-.......txt on the desktop.

Content of the txt.file = User folder C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins\MUX (64 bit)\User\ exists but is not writable.

MUX (64 bit) folder is correctly located in the VST2 plugin folder. MUX (64bit) consists of App (folder)/User (folder)/MUX.dll, MUX (vst synth).dll, REX.dll, MUX.ID, MUX (vst synth).ID.

Where does the annoying txt file come from? What is wrong?

Thanks a lot.

L.B.

KVRAF
10925 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:34 am

MUX Plugin must be installed in a writable folder.
Please see http://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/mux ... ation.html

KVRer

Topic Starter

21 posts since 3 Apr, 2009

Post Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:27 pm

Thank you very much for your help. My mistake. It works now.

fmr
KVRAF
9938 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:49 am

I complained about the same. It's sad that, having reached version 8, Mux still can't handle folder properly. I have more then 1.000 plug-ins in my plug-in folder, many have files inside their folder (like Tone 2, for example), yet NONE have this problem except Mux.

The "movable" justification is pretty lame. Pretty much ANY plug-in can be moved anywhere I want after installing, and still works.

What will you do if/when you go to VST3? That format has a FIXED location (as VST2 should have too), which is located inside Program Files.

And how can it be that "C:\Users\Me\Desktop\MUX (64 bit)\User\" is not writable? Really? :lol:
Fernando (FMR)

KVRAF

Post Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:11 pm

fmr wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:49 am
The "movable" justification is pretty lame. Pretty much ANY plug-in can be moved anywhere I want after installing, and still works.
I guess you mean moving it on the same computer. But it's about being portable eg. installing it on a USB stick.
Anyway i accept you criticism because by giving priority of being portable it indeed causes an inconvenience for users that only install it on a single computer, and maybe that's the majority of users. So maybe MuLab/MUX should use, by default, the standard way of storing user settings and preferences, and then on top of that also give the option to use a portable setup. I'll think it over.

fmr
KVRAF
9938 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:44 am

mutools wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:11 pm
fmr wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:49 am
I guess you mean moving it on the same computer. But it's about being portable eg. installing it on a USB stick.
Anyway i accept you criticism because by giving priority of being portable it indeed causes an inconvenience for users that only install it on a single computer, and maybe that's the majority of users. So maybe MuLab/MUX should use, by default, the standard way of storing user settings and preferences, and then on top of that also give the option to use a portable setup. I'll think it over.
EXACTLY... That's how REAPER does it too. The "portable" installation should be always an option, not the standard (and definitely not the ONLY) way. Thanks for getting back to me BTW, and yes, by moving I was referring to move it inside the same computer, of course. :)

Now, I hope you take my criticism in the good way, and get the job done. I really would like to have Mux in my VstPLugIns folder, but the way it is, it's impossible.
Fernando (FMR)

KVRAF

Post Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:27 am

I've taken proper note about this on the wishlist. It won't be for the M8 lifecycle anymore though. Yes i've taken your criticism in the constructive way. Thanks :tu:

Return to “MUTOOLS”