upgrade from mulab 7 to 8

Official support for: mutools.com
KVRer
1 posts since 6 Mar, 2021

Post Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:18 am

Hi there,

I've been using Mulab 7 for a while now and i'm pretty happy with it, I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade from mulab 7 to 8 without having to purchase the full price user key again?

I believe 7 cost me around £60 ish, so wouldn't want to pay much more to get 8

thanks in advance

Beware the Quoth
29302 posts since 4 Sep, 2001 from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Post Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:04 am

Well, you normally can upgrade from an older version to a newer one; I cant remember the exact cost think its about half the price. But...

"For good reasons the MuTools shop is temporarily closed.
For now you can use the temporary user keys below to unlock MuLab 8 and MUX Modular 8 Plug-In to their full power!
Because the user keys below are temporary, they will expire after some time.
If your key expires, please revisit this page to get a new one. "

https://www.mutools.com/m8-temp-user-keys.html
John Titor died for your sins!

KVRAF
6778 posts since 8 Feb, 2003 from London, UK

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:27 am

I'll just note: if you save anything using Mulab or MUX 8.x, you likely won't be able to use it in Mulab or MUX 7.x as the file formats have changed. As in all things computer related: KEEP A BACKUP.

KVRAF
10925 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:30 am

Rest assured that when the shop reopens then there will be the same gentle upgrade path from M7 to M8 as before, which was 29 euro. And even if M9 would already have arrived then i'll make sure that this M7->M8 upgrade path stays open for at least 2 months after the shop has reopened so that every M7 user who used the temporary M8 user key now and made music with it will be able to consolidate that using his/her personal M8 user key without being forced to upgrade from M7 to M9.

Return to “MUTOOLS”