MUX version 8 (latest). Still having problems with folder locations ???

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I installed the latest version of Mux, to try to (finally) use it. I am still experiencing problems with the folder locations. Although I have defined in Preferences the User folder locations in Users/Public/Documents, every time Mux is called (either being scanned or instantiated) I get a TXT file in the desktop saying the following:

"User folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\MUX (64 bit)\User\ exists but is not writable"

How can I make this go away once and for all?
Fernando (FMR)

"User folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\VST2\MUX (64 bit)\User\ exists but is not writable"
seems that theres a folders permission issues.
Try running as admin, if the problem goes away, is time to changes some permissions in windows folders properties.

Also, are you using an antivirus? because some of them tends to blocking the write on disk of some programs.

FabBad wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:02 pm
seems that theres a folders permission issues.
Try running as admin, if the problem goes away, is time to changes some permissions in windows folders properties.

Also, are you using an antivirus? because some of them tends to blocking the write on disk of some programs.
No, I will not mess with my permissions, since everything else is running OK. There is a sacred rule I follow: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Yes, running Mux with admin privileges makes the problem go away, but it would make it go away also if I let it in Program Files/Common Files/VST2, where it belongs. It's about time you clean up your mess. Or simply stop selling Mux as a VST plug-in, when clearly it fails to.

It even complains about C:\User\Public directory. How could this be due to "privileges", when everything else works faultlessly? And again, how do you plan to solve the problem for VST3?

And no, I am not running any kind of "anti-virus" other then Windows Defender.
Fernando (FMR)

Please see http://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/mux ... ation.html

In short: MUX must be installed in a writable folder.
The Program Files folder is not a writable folder unless you run the app with admin privileges.
The background reason why MUX' folder must be writable is because the whole MUX folder then is 100% movable aka portable.

Try somewhere like "C:\MuTools". Windows will happily not interfere with your use of your computer, then.

Return to “MUTOOLS”