Is Mulab discontinued? Not at all !!!

Official support for: mutools.com
KVRer
26 posts since 26 Jan, 2005

Post Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:05 am

Hi
On Mulab site, there is nowhere to buy full or update version for Mutools softwares... are they discontinued ?

KVRAF
6779 posts since 8 Feb, 2003 from London, UK

Post Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:26 am

For good reasons the MuTools shop is temporarily closed.
For now you can use the temporary user keys below to unlock MuLab 8 and MUX Modular 8 Plug-In to their full power!
Because the user keys below are temporary, they will expire after some time.
If your key expires, please revisit this page to get a new one.

https://www.mutools.com/m8-temp-user-keys.html

KVRian
1004 posts since 9 Feb, 2007 from San Ramon, California

Post Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:41 pm

I have to admit I am sort of curious about this. I haven’t opened my Mux license in several years. A new modular soft synth from another company was just announced today (well I got the email and a thread appeared in the Instruments forum). It reminded me of Mux so I came here to see if it is still alive. I hope everything is okay, that the store is able to reopen, and development will continue.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

KVRian
712 posts since 24 Jul, 2017

Post Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:47 pm

Gribs wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:41 pm
I have to admit I am sort of curious about this. I haven’t opened my Mux license in several years. A new modular soft synth from another company was just announced today (well I got the email and a thread appeared in the Instruments forum). It reminded me of Mux so I came here to see if it is still alive. I hope everything is okay, that the store is able to reopen, and development will continue.
+1
I also would like to have some information on this, as I have to plan for a couple of workstations and it is totally unclear what is going on. I have to assume the worst for now. Jo?

KVRAF
10937 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:42 am

I understand your questions / doubts but rest assured MuLab is Not discontinued !!!
I apologize for the delay on M9 and for the doubts that may pop up about why the shop is temporarily closed. (that's for an administrational reason, pandemic related)
Please trust me that i'm doing my utterly best to progress R&D as fast as possible.
And i hope that, by sharing the temporary free M8 user keys, everyone is assured that he/she can continue using MuLab 8 and MUX Modular 8 Plugin until things get back to normal.

But i also need to solve a practical issue in real life that interferes with MuLab/MUX R&D, for years already. It's about an insufficient home office which decreases R&D efficiency and so i'm looking on moving to another place. Unfortunately it takes quite some time & energy to find an affordable new home in a healthy natural tranquil environment in Belgium.

Anyway, i'm multi-tasking all these challenges and M9 R&D is progressing and is getting closer and closer to a conceptual test version.
That leads me to tell that another reason why M9 takes more time than expected is because it is not only about adding a live clip launcher, but it's also about merging MuLab and MUX Plugin into a single app.
That has the big advantage that whatever you make in MuLab can be used in any other DAW via MuLab Plugin and also the other way around. There also are other important benefits of merging MuLab and MUX Plugin but i'll elaborate later about that at proper time.

Merging MuLab and MUX Plugin is a big conceptual challenge, because currently MUX 8 Plugin is only for synths and effects, not for composing, while MuLab is only for composing. And it should still be as easy as before to simply use MuLab Plugin as an synth/effect plugin. So it does take R&D time to merge these concepts.

I hope the above gives you more feeling with what's all going on under the MuTools hood.

I'm curious about your thoughts and feelings about the above.
Your feedback on this is very welcome.
If any questions left, let me know!

Thanks, cheers,

Jo

KVRist
110 posts since 9 Nov, 2012

Post Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:13 am

I'm not in a hurry for the new version, version 8 works fine. When version 9 is here, I will buy it, because I am faithful to this program. A capture of version 9 would not be bad. :)

KVRian
712 posts since 24 Jul, 2017

Post Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:20 am

Thanks, Jo. It is good to hear from you, as this means (a) you are ok and (b) hard-working as ever. :) It is just this wave of unpleasant change flooding the audio industry at the moment ...

KVRian
637 posts since 30 Oct, 2013 from Stoke On Trent

Post Mon Mar 22, 2021 3:57 am

Thanks Jo. Really looking forward to version 9! I hope everything goes well with the move.
Please let us know as soon as there is anything we can do to help :)

KVRist
96 posts since 23 Apr, 2008

Post Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:17 am

Thanks for your post.
I am really happy that you are alive and kicking.
Even if i are longing for nr9, the fact that you are not sick is the good news that made my day.

Regards!

KVRian
981 posts since 21 Apr, 2017 from Bahia, Brazil

Post Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:41 pm

Great to hear.....I really like Mulab
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://www.scrubbingmonkeys.com/

KVRAF
1864 posts since 28 Mar, 2008 from a Galaxy S7 far far away

Post Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:50 pm

Move to the UK... Every other bugger is!!!! :roll: :lol:

Seriously though, it's a challenge at best of times, good luck with it all :tu: :tu: :tu:

KVRAF
6779 posts since 8 Feb, 2003 from London, UK

Post Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:33 pm

sl23 wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:50 pm
Move to the UK... Every other bugger is!!!! :roll: :lol:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56435100 Quite the opposite, it seems.

KVRAF
1864 posts since 28 Mar, 2008 from a Galaxy S7 far far away

Post Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:30 am

Every cloud...

But...
So here's what's likely

The total population has "probably" gone down, says Madeleine Sumption, of University of Oxford's Migration Observatory.

But, she hedges, it's "just about possible" that it hasn't.

KVRist
222 posts since 13 Sep, 2011 from Prison Planet

Post Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:21 pm

mutools wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:42 am
That leads me to tell that another reason why M9 takes more time than expected is because it is not only about adding a live clip launcher, but it's also about merging MuLab and MUX Plugin into a single app.
That has the big advantage that whatever you make in MuLab can be used in any other DAW via MuLab Plugin and also the other way around. There also are other important benefits of merging MuLab and MUX Plugin but i'll elaborate later about that at proper time.
This sounds very cool. Possibly an ignorant question, but will this significantly increase MUX CPU usage when it's used in another DAW?
Last edited by mgiambro on Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRist
319 posts since 28 Oct, 2002

Post Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:41 am

mutools wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:42 am
merging MuLab and MUX Plugin into a single app.
Jo
That's very interesting and exciting news, Joe. :tu: Hope the house moving goes well. :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”