Mapping Modulation Wheel to Gain

Official support for: mutools.com
KVRist
41 posts since 6 Sep, 2016

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:13 pm

I wanted map Modulation Wheel to Gain but connected it doesn't work properly. What could be the reason?
dg_1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRAF
6784 posts since 8 Feb, 2003 from London, UK

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:07 am

How do you mean "didn't work properly"? Did anything happen at all? I can't remember exactly the routing but if the synth isn't passing through MIDI Events, it may be the messages aren't getting to the mixer strip. You could wrap the synth in a MUX that copies all Event In to Event Out, as well as to the synth's Event In (that will also show if it's got an Event Out -- if not, that's likely the cause).

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:08 am

When I connect Pitch Bend to Gain it's fine. It looks like the Modulation Wheel cannot be connected to the Gain.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:16 am

How do you mean "didn't work properly"? Did anything happen at all? I can't remember exactly the routing but if the synth isn't passing through MIDI Events, it may be the messages aren't getting to the mixer strip. You could wrap the synth in a MUX that copies all Event In to Event Out, as well as to the synth's Event In (that will also show if it's got an Event Out -- if not, that's likely the cause).
Thank you for uour advice.

KVRAF
10972 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:10 am

Zasdg wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:08 am
When I connect Pitch Bend to Gain it's fine. It looks like the Modulation Wheel cannot be connected to the Gain.
Yes it can.

Note that if you map a controller to the gain of rack X, then rack X must be the active rack in order to receive the MIDI input.

KVRAF
6784 posts since 8 Feb, 2003 from London, UK

Post Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:10 pm

There's also Project->MIDI Input Channel Targets, which allows you to target a channel to a specific module in the project.
http://www.mutools.com/info/M8/docs/mul ... -menu.html for more info.

Return to “MUTOOLS”