Can you easily global lfo a mudrum pad pitch?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm dumb... I just cannot work it out. All I want to do is route an lfo signal to the fine pitch of a drum sound to randomize it... I just cant figure it out... I put a mudrum in a rack... No inputs for modulation, so I put the mudrum in a mux, the try to make a global lfo one layer up and link to the MP1 knob. But I cant send the lfo to the MP1 anyway... I'm just going in circles with this... My conclusion is I'm incredibly dumb... Please someone point me to a video that shows GLOBAL lfo on an internal MuLab 'instrument'... I've seen videos where they can create an automation envelope, but I want to use an LFO instead of an envelope track... Just can't figure it out.

Thanks in advance to any good samaritans.

That's not yet possible atm using MuDrum because MuDrum is a protected patch that cannot be edited. However it is possible if you use a separate MUX patch for that drum pad and use your custom MUX drum pad parallel to MuDrum, thus bypassing the protected nature of MuDrum.

FYI: MuDrum is a protected patch mainly because of its front panel which cannot yet be done using the public front panel features. It's the intention to change that in the future, like already has been done with MuVerb and MuEcho.

Hmmmm, OK. In the mean time would it be feasible to add modularity inputs to parameters to target from the outside? like VSTs? Just curious... Drum modulation is a big deal in what I like to do, so a little hack around would go a LOOONG way in this instance. Thanks for the reply tho :)

BTW... OMG was it simple to do with the sampler instead of MuDrum. Can't wait for the fix :)

If you create 2 mux, put 2nd inside 1st, put Mudrum in 2nd, drag name "cent" of the required Mudrum pad onto MP1 of Mux 2.
Put LFO and parameter event generator in 1st mux, it will connect to MP1 automatically
As in below pic, does that not do what you want if you still want to use Mudrum rather than the sampler
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Return to “MUTOOLS”