M8.8.3 beta

Official support for: mutools.com
KVRAF
6795 posts since 8 Feb, 2003 from London, UK

Post Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:53 am

mutools wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:43 am
The "Delete Unused Objects" function is not undoable. It's meant as a quick cleanup function for large projects. It deletes all unused sequences, (multi-)samples and audio streams in project RAM. (NB: It does not delete any files) Best to first save your project, then apply this function, then double-check if all is right, if not revert to the saved version.
Just to clarify - I was more thinking of other actions. But it sounds like this clears ability to undo anything done up until the "Delete Unused Objects". Is that right?

KVRAF

Topic Starter

11035 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:36 am

To avoid possible complications, the next version will clear the undo/redo history when using that function.

KVRian
976 posts since 25 Sep, 2014 from Specific Northwest

Post Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:30 am

mutools wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:49 am
About the copy-pasting audio: Yes that's a nice improvement for the Windows versions. If someone knows how to easily copy-paste audio from-to the MacOS clipboard using Cocoa, please let me know. I tried to find that info, should be easy to find and + easy to implement as it's about a basic thing, but couldn't find it :?
It's pretty much NSApplication and NSPasteboard and apparently, NSServicesMenuRequestor. There's probably bits lurking elsewhere, too. I would think it was just a matter of your application registering data types that can be accepted from the pasteboard and that would be it, but this is Apple, who like to complicate things for no immediately apparent reason.

Sorry I can't be more precise. I've only done this in Java before and working with the system pasteboard is a bit of a pain... But that would be Java pain, not Cocoa pain. :lol:

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:37 am

Thx syntonica. Yes i know it's related to NSPasteboard but can't find an easy way how to copy-paste audio to-from NSPasteboard. I don't understand why Apple chooses to make such things that complicated.

KVRAF
3574 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from The End of The World as We Knowit

Post Mon Jun 28, 2021 3:27 am

KVRian
976 posts since 25 Sep, 2014 from Specific Northwest

Post Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:22 am

mutools wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:37 am
Thx syntonica. Yes i know it's related to NSPasteboard but can't find an easy way how to copy-paste audio to-from NSPasteboard. I don't understand why Apple chooses to make such things that complicated.
Wow! I can see why. There's an NSPasteboardTypeSound type, but zero information on formats, if it's a raw chunk, or if it's wrapped as a CAF or WAV file, or something else. At this point, I'd copy a bit of audio from an application like Ocenaudio and then try and look at the pasteboard in the debugger to see what's sitting there, if it's even accessible!

I wish you Patience, and Good Luck! :)

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:40 pm

Thx Michael & Syntonica. Hopefully one day i'll come across the relevant info.

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:00 am

MuLab 8.8.3 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mulab/beta/
Mux Plugin 8.8.3 is available in http://www.mutools.com/mux/beta/

What's changed:
  • Improved support for sequencer-type VST plugins. Eg now FL Studio Plugin plays as expected inside MuLab.
  • More gentle behavior in case of opening a project with lots of unfound audio streams.
How to update MuLab:
Windows: Replace the current MuLab.exe and MuLab.ID by the new versions.
MacOS: Replace the current MuLab.app by the new version.

How to update MUX Plug-in:
Windows: Replace the current MUX DLL and ID files by the new versions. (4 files in total)
MacOS: Replace the MUX .VST files by the new versions. (2 files in total)

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:05 am

Also MuLab Free has been updated to version 8.8.3, thus including all new improvements after M8.6.24, eg FLAC support, new modules and bug fixes. (also fixing the unintended expiration issue)

To update MuLab Free, see http://www.mutools.com/mulab-free/app-patch/index.html

KVRist
178 posts since 13 Apr, 2004 from germany

Post Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:32 pm

Thank you for the Update, Jo! Mulab gets even better and better!

KVRer
2 posts since 11 May, 2015

Post Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:42 pm

Great! the 8.8.3 beta now finally works correctly with the Captain plugins from MixedInKey. Nice.

Return to “MUTOOLS”