New MUX - ECHOIST

Official support for: mutools.com
KVRAF
2119 posts since 30 Aug, 2004 from Lancaster, UK

Post Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:06 am

Hi all,

Here's my new MUX - the ECHOIST!

Thanks to all who helped me out on the 8th/16th note switch.

It's conceptually simple, but it is really cool on drum loops, sounds great on pianos, and I'm sure it's lovely on ethereal voices.

Push the plugin name to open the help file. :lol:

Will upload to MuLib as well.

Must say MuLab is looking great these days! (Thanks Dakkra for the skin - see recent thread.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:07 am

dp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Go MuLab!

KVRist
38 posts since 1 Feb, 2021

Post Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:36 am

Thanks for posting this MUX. I believe most, maybe all, of my other echo devices don't allow me to accent individual echoes like this one does. Cool!

KVRAF
1747 posts since 29 Mar, 2013

Post Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:04 pm

Hi Sparky, attached is the way I meant, using parameter value randomizers
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:50 pm

bibz1st wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:04 pm
Hi Sparky, attached is the way I meant, using parameter value randomizers
Cool, thanks!
Actually a quite straightforward solution. Let's hope for a binary switch sometime (though it wouldn't be on the top of my wishlist).
Go MuLab!

KVRAF

Topic Starter

Post Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:01 pm

Karlatin wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 4:36 am
Thanks for posting this MUX. I believe most, maybe all, of my other echo devices don't allow me to accent individual echoes like this one does. Cool!
Thanks! Glad it was useful to you. I totally agree, it really opens up possibilities (especially when you factor in automation; like using quirky delay rhythms during verses and all eight delays during choruses).

As I wrote in another thread, the inspiration was a piano intro by Kate Bush, to Waking the Witch (on Hounds of Love/The Ninth Wave). She has exactly two delays (following the original signal), rather than a long feedback loop. I thought the concept was cool, and now it's easy-peasy to replicate that. :tu:

On top of that, using different effects on different delay times opens up a myriad of experimentation possibilities. (For the screen shot above, I used eight different settings for the free UJAM Finisher Micro, so each eighth/sixteenth delayed signal would have radically different sonic treatment/abuse :D.)

So, it's a super easy plugin and not difficult to build, but I think it's very powerful. Personally, I look forward to using it in my own music and see what it will bring. :phones:
Go MuLab!

Return to “MUTOOLS”