New tutorials

Official support for: mutools.com
KVRist
32 posts since 4 Apr, 2021

Post Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:18 pm

I don't know if anyone else has requested this or not, but I would sure appreciate a series of new, updated tutorials for MUX and MU Lab. The 8 year old ones on YouTube just don't cut it, anymore.
Thank you!

KVRAF
3574 posts since 25 Jan, 2014 from The End of The World as We Knowit

Post Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:57 pm

Until then, check out last year's videos on MuLab 8, and try the commands in the diagrams in the Documentation. Quite useful.

Personally, I learned MuLab from taking apart the many demo projects, and right-clicking on objects to reveal the context menus. I also learn by taking apart presets in the MuLib.

For me, the best way to learn MuLab is to make something. For example, the harmonics editor and wave morphing made sense to me only when I used them to make a lap steel guitar.

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:58 pm

Thanks. I've been doing that and would like to advance some. Hoping MU 9 has so many new features we all need tutorials!

KVRAF
11035 posts since 24 Jun, 2008 from Europe

Post Tue Jun 29, 2021 7:37 am

@Everyone: Which new tutorial videos would you like to see?

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:21 am

I am not sitting here with an advanced degree in Sound Engineering so I am not sure about creating complex effects. I have figured out the basics on my own, but I may be doing something stupid.

KVRist
44 posts since 15 Jul, 2020

Post Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:02 am

I believe MuLab community should be more active here and provide some demo's, tutorials, podcasts, etc.
You could learn how to create music from scratch, how to use nice techniques, hot to use some cool functionality in even more cooler way.
Community seems to be small and here probably is the issue. (myself not having time to experiment and create any track :cry:)

Such tutorials are good to attract new musicians and grow community. Some folks here are doing great job with some demo movies, new mux instruments or effects, but this is still too little.

KVRAF
1889 posts since 28 Mar, 2008 from a Galaxy S7 far far away

Post Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:39 am

I think it would be good to have some complex synths and FX Mux presets that can be looked into. But with some tutorials on their building so we can understand more about how to use the modules in different ways.

This would also give potential customers better insight into Mux capabilities.

Return to “MUTOOLS”