MuLab 9.0.59 App + Plugin

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thx for the example, i see what you mean now.
This feature is not yet planned for M9.0 but extra support for looped recording modes is on the global wishlist.

Made some test using both scenes and timeline, and the note action map to drive it with my midi keyboard (white notes to scenes and black notes to some looping timeline parts). It opens a lot of flexibility, having a scene running while picking some looping parts in the song. All fine!
However, I could'nt find a way to assign a cell to a midi note, in order to pick cells from other scenes while one is running. the choice in the note action map is only scene or timeline. Maybe not yet implemented...

I had another idea and tried to find a way to transpose on the fly specific cells. I remember the "auto-tranpose" function in the sequence player module, and I wonder if this could not be added to M9 sequences, as a option: midi could sent notes as usual or be used to transpose an existing sequence with a little help from "monophonic note tracker" module (and maybe a user defined midi channel)
By the way, the shortcuts for transpose (up & down) are working in the timeline, but not in the cells for now.

skarabee wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:56 am Made some test using both scenes and timeline, and the note action map to drive it with my midi keyboard (white notes to scenes and black notes to some looping timeline parts). It opens a lot of flexibility, having a scene running while picking some looping parts in the song. All fine!
However, I could'nt find a way to assign a cell to a midi note, in order to pick cells from other scenes while one is running. the choice in the note action map is only scene or timeline. Maybe not yet implemented...
You can drag-drop live clips from the live matrix onto a note action key.
For now that's the only way to map a clip to a note action key.
I had another idea and tried to find a way to transpose on the fly specific cells. I remember the "auto-tranpose" function in the sequence player module, and I wonder if this could not be added to M9 sequences, as a option: midi could sent notes as usual or be used to transpose an existing sequence with a little help from "monophonic note tracker" module (and maybe a user defined midi channel)
Thx for your suggestion but this FR is outside the scope of M9.0. Which does not mean it's outside the scope of future MuLab versions. There are related points on th wishlist.
By the way, the shortcuts for transpose (up & down) are working in the timeline, but not in the cells for now.
Will check, thx :tu:

plutonia wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 12:19 pm
mutools wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:45 am
plutonia wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:16 pm can't get it to loop audio in scenes; plays once then stops. midi works fine but cant get audio to loop.
Which clip type did you choose? If you want to loop, slice & stretch the audio best to choose Audio Sequence.
i recorded straight in to matrix scene/clip. i'd like to record, define start and end loop markers and then it would loop when playing.
i have been testing this and converting to "audio sequence" quantises what is recorded. is there a way of making it not quantise so it just plays back what is recorded?

plutonia wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:56 pm i have been testing this and converting to "audio sequence" quantises what is recorded. is there a way of making it not quantise so it just plays back what is recorded?
See the "Auto Create Transient Markers" and "Auto Snap New Audio Sequence Length" preferences.

mutools wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:36 pm
plutonia wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:56 pm i have been testing this and converting to "audio sequence" quantises what is recorded. is there a way of making it not quantise so it just plays back what is recorded?
See the "Auto Create Transient Markers" and "Auto Snap New Audio Sequence Length" preferences.
fantastic;it works! thank you for your help

i just tried to create shortcut for the function to make it easier. it works in linear window but not on scene/clips

plutonia wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:47 pm i just tried to create shortcut for the function to make it easier. it works in linear window but not on scene/clips
Well check that, thx for reporting it.

Drag&drop clips to note action key is working fine and this is a neat and fast way to populate an external pad controller.

I realise that there is room for future updates and Jo already thinked about it, but in present state, M9 seems a huge step. :tu:
I couln't resist to implement a kind of random scene/cell/part picker, in my old fashioned Skalooper way, by putting a step sequencer driven by a random value generator in the Project Modular Area. Worked in minute! So much simple,clear and reliable than my "spaghetti nightmare" version... :)

Having played around with M9 for a few days i have a couple of requests:

could the cells in matrix be made scaleable with +/- like the main linear workspace? once you have more scenes screen-space will be taken up, so scaleability with ability to shrink cells in size would be useful.

i can't see away of creating a song in the main linear workspace by recording what is being played in the triggered cells in matrix. Functionality like in ableton where this is possible would be great for creating a finished song in linear workspace for further editing or bouncing down to finished wav track.

plutonia wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:58 pm Having played around with M9 for a few days i have a couple of requests:

could the cells in matrix be made scaleable with +/- like the main linear workspace? once you have more scenes screen-space will be taken up, so scaleability with ability to shrink cells in size would be useful.

i can't see away of creating a song in the main linear workspace by recording what is being played in the triggered cells in matrix. Functionality like in ableton where this is possible would be great for creating a finished song in linear workspace for further editing or bouncing down to finished wav track.
If you want to record live clip matrix then press right mouse button on the recording button.

Or [Shift]+click the record button.

Or assign a shortcut to "Start/Stop Recording Live Clip Matrix".

plutonia wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:58 pm could the cells in matrix be made scaleable with +/- like the main linear workspace? once you have more scenes screen-space will be taken up, so scaleability with ability to shrink cells in size would be useful.
It's on the wishlist.

mutools wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:00 pm Or [Shift]+click the record button.

Or assign a shortcut to "Start/Stop Recording Live Clip Matrix".
aha, fantastic! thanks again for your help

so much fun :D

mutools wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:16 am Thx for the example, i see what you mean now.
This feature is not yet planned for M9.0 but extra support for looped recording modes is on the global wishlist.
Ok, thanks for the answer.

Return to “MUTOOLS”