ES-6 paired w/ ES-8 & ES-3

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm only getting 4 inputs off of the ES-6. I have the supplied small ribbon cable connecting the ES-3 and ES-6 and I'm running Lightpipes between the ES-8 and the other two units. I can see all 8 extra ports of the ES-3 and signal works as expected. On the ES-6 the four ports that are being seen work fine, just the two bottom ports are not seen or addressable.

My OS is Windows 10, sound card is ES-8 :) and DAW is Bitwig 2.0. I've tried removing the ribbon cable and then fail to get signal from the ES-6 at all. I've tried removing and re-adding all the ports in the Bitwig control panel. Obligatory reboots were done.

What am I missing?

Are you saying Bitwig is seeing the ES-8 as an 8 input interface, or that it's (correctly) seeing it as a 12 input interface, but the last four channels aren't working?

Bitwig is seeing it as an 8 input interface NOT as a 12 - though I'm only looking for 10 inputs (the 4 frontside inputs from the ES-8 and the 6 frontside inputs from the ES-6. And just to verify, Bitwig correctly identified all 16 outputs.

BTW, while I have a small ribbon cable connecting the backsides of the ES-6 and ES-3 I do not have any backside cable connecting either one to the ES-8.

>> Bitwig is seeing it as an 8 input interface NOT as a 12

That's wrong. Have you looked in the ES-8 driver control panel for anything that might be causing that?

Nailed it! I had to go into the ES-8 driver control panel and change it from default 8 inputs to 12 inputs.

For one last bit of clarity....these last two input channels can only be accessed by adding the ES-7 correct?

Correct. (Or a different ADAT input expander that offers all 8 inputs.)

Can the ES-8 be connected to the ES-3 and ES-6 from the two backside connections or is it better to connect to the ES-8 using the ADAT connectors?

You don't have a choice - you have to use the ADAT connectors.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”