Input Problem: ES8, Live, Mac

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey all,

Im sure there is something I am overlooking.
I set the ES-8 as my input/output device in Live. My ES-8 is connected via USB.

I am using Max4Live CV Tools and using the CV Instrument. I am able to set up a gate and CV pitch control but I have sent the modular’s signal to the analog output 1 on the ES-8 and am not getting any input signal in Live.
The gate and pitch CV signals are working to the analog outputs 1 and 2 to send to my modular. Just not getting any input from the analog inputs.

Thanks
MB

Have you enabled the inputs in Live's audio prefs?

Yes, I have selected the ES-8 as the Input/Output devices and have enabled the inputs/outputs.

In OS Audio/MIDI setup, I have also enabled the ES-8 as the input and output device.

Lastly, the ES-8, when plugging in an audio signal into the analogue input, it shows a purple ring indicating the device is receiving a signal.

When using a USB connection, can one transmit audio data back into a DAW? Or do you need to use the ADAT connection for that?

os wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:41 am Have you enabled the inputs in Live's audio prefs?
Are you part of the Expert Sleepers team? Is there a way I can utilize screen/video capture for you to better analyze the problem?

Thanks so much for your time!!!

intuitionnyc wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 1:19 pmWhen using a USB connection, can one transmit audio data back into a DAW?
Yes, it should just work.
I am able to set up a gate and CV pitch control but I have sent the modular’s signal to the analog output 1 on the ES-8 and am not getting any input signal in Live.
You mean analogue input 1, right?

Yes. Analog Input 1 (one of the four analog inputs on the left side)

Have you tried all four?

Yes. Tried all four. Each analog input indicates a purple circle showing a signal. However, I am not reading a signal in Live.

Is this a macOS permissions thing? Did you click yes when macOS asked you to allow Live access to the microphone?

I don’t think so.

I will try again.

os wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:53 pm Is this a macOS permissions thing? Did you click yes when macOS asked you to allow Live access to the microphone?
THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME!!!

You were right. It IS an apple permissions thing. I looked into it and you have to go into security and allow the microphone to access Ableton Live 10. VERY weird. I read this is something new to OS Mojave.

I am going to write something here and on Muff's just in case others are having the same problem.

THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN!!!

Return to “Expert Sleepers”