Harmor for MacOS?

Official support for: image-line.com
reflekshun
KVRist
464 posts since 6 Sep, 2003 from Baltimore, MD

Post Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:04 pm

Does anyone have any info or update knowledge on if / when Harmor is ever coming to MacOS?

I remember this was in alpha back in about 2014. That's about 5 years ago lol, feels like the project is abandoned but i would love to have harmor on mac!
http://www.youtube.com/reflekshun
Audio Engineer / Music Producer

Dewdman42
KVRAF
1786 posts since 14 Mar, 2006

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:20 pm

I’ve been waiting forever for this too. I even bought it at some point to use the alpha in anticipation of an upcoming native Mac release but it never happened. Flstudio has it and it works on Mac, I don’t know why inageline after all this time won’t release it as a seperate native OS X au and vst plugin. Has been disappointing
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-128gb 10.14, X32+AES16e-50

sqyttles
KVRer
2 posts since 9 May, 2013

Post Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:52 pm

Dewdman42 wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:20 pm
I’ve been waiting forever for this too. I even bought it at some point to use the alpha in anticipation of an upcoming native Mac release but it never happened. Flstudio has it and it works on Mac, I don’t know why inageline after all this time won’t release it as a seperate native OS X au and vst plugin. Has been disappointing
I don't disagree. I've used Harmor in the past as a VSTi on PC in Ableton Live and I loved it. A few years ago, I switched to MacOS and I've been craving using Harmor again.

I tried the FL Studio 20.6 demo recently on MacOS. While the VSTi version of FL inside of Ableton Live is a nice option, it's just not the same as having Harmor as a separate VST. For starters, I haven't been able to rack the VSTi and automate synth parameters which are exclusive to FL. Setting up MIDI CCs would is also less than desirable.

I see that Image-Line wants to encourage people on Mac to buy the full DAW, but I bet they'd get a lot of business if they sold their VSTs to be cross-platform (VST, AU, etc.) because they are so unique and sound so great.

I know that porting software is no easy task, but I really wish Image-Line would put in the effort to at least offer Harmor as a VST so we could use it easily in our DAW of choice on MacOS.

Dewdman42
KVRAF

Post Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:33 pm

Yep.

aMUSEd
KVRAF
31741 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:44 pm

I'm almost tempted to get FL Studio just so I can access the plugins on Mac as I have a lot of them bought before I moved to Mac but it never really clicked with me as a DAW. About time they got their act together and released the plugins on Mac. tbh even the ones that are already supporting Mac are pretty flaky.

Dewdman42
KVRAF

Post Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:53 pm

They have updated the ones that run inside fl studio. The standalone plugins are old alpha versions. I don’t want to use fl studio

aMUSEd
KVRAF

Post Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:15 pm

Just trying the demo on Mac but their procedure for unlocking the plugins doesn't work - they stay in demo mode. The GUI seems very sluggish, looks like a Java app.

Shaygan
KVRist
33 posts since 11 Apr, 2012

Post Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:02 am

In this too, really love this synth sound but I'm using ableton on mac..
Who's up for flooding them requests or try to get their attention on this, they developed other FL plugins for Mac surely this can be done "quite easily" this is just weird commercial strategy at this point.

Blaster
KVRian
594 posts since 22 Apr, 2004 from Switzerland

Post Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:11 am

I think Scott @ IL said that the sales of their vst plugin pale in comparison to FL Studio itself and it made more sense to create extra value in FL Studio that would drive more sales of that.

Dewdman42
KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:16 am

bah, that's not a good excuse. I bought Harmor YEARS ago, when the alpha OSX version came out because I thought they would imminently release it for OSX...which never happened and I've never been able to use my Harmor product other then using wine and other stupid tricks that aren't worth the hassle. Meanwhile they have clearly updated Harmor in order to run inside FL studio...ok...but why not just release it for OSX too? I'm certainly not going to buy FL Studio just to run Harmor...and I doubt most people would... They would gain more attention from the mac community if they made their products work properly on mac...until such time...mac buyers beware...

aMUSEd
KVRAF

Post Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:31 am

Blaster wrote:
Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:11 am
I think Scott @ IL said that the sales of their vst plugin pale in comparison to FL Studio itself and it made more sense to create extra value in FL Studio that would drive more sales of that.
Yeah but FL Studio on Mac just seems so unfinished and sluggish. I can’t imagine having to use it just to access Harmor even if IL allowed my authorisations to work inside the demo.

Shaygan
KVRist
33 posts since 11 Apr, 2012

Post Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:18 pm

It's just nonsense since they already have a bunch of plugins from FL available as Audio Unit and VST. They just chose not to release that one, perhaps to drag interest to FL yes but yea not gonna switch my main daw just for one synth as good as it is.

Return to “Image Line”