Not really a bug but yeah..... resizeability

Official support for: image-line.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

reflex wrote:
grymmjack wrote:Reflex are you sure you updated edison in the package? It is showing v1.0.1 here. And I redownloaded the files. I think it's the right one because WaveShaper is now valid and isn't ignored in the deep scan in T2. To clarify, I redownloaded from the MyFLStudio link on flstudio.com ... Is this correct or?
It might be an issue with the download cache of your browser or maybe your isp. Try shift-clicking on the link (don't know if that would help).
Also edison is apparently in trial mode and emits the noise.. I downloaded my new key .reg and applied it this morning, should I redownload it again for this fix?
It's what I would suggest, yes. Though if it worked for the first version, it should still work for the new version.
Ahh! Let me try that .. using firefox.

Yes it was caching issue in firefox for sure. Sorry about all of that. Atleast now you have a updated T2 ;)

I didn't realize that firefox did ANY caching of the downloads... I had to clear my firefox cache and then 'clean up' the downloads, FYI if others have issues. Going to try these new ones now. I know it's right because the file size is larger.

OK edison is fixed (v1.0.2 for sure), but it's still trial version. :( Good news is it's fine though :) Thanks!

That's one less worry at least.

About the registration: you can use the support request form on the FL website (support section) to ask for help with this. I'm afraid I can't give much help with that.

reflex wrote:That's one less worry at least.

About the registration: you can use the support request form on the FL website (support section) to ask for help with this. I'm afraid I can't give much help with that.
I already bothered JMC about it. I don't want to annoy him. It's showing up in the registry file as Fruity Plug-in Pack, and not JuicePack, could that be reason?

grymmjack wrote:I already bothered JMC about it. I don't want to annoy him. It's showing up in the registry file as Fruity Plug-in Pack, and not JuicePack, could that be reason?
It could be, yes.

okay so - we just "decided" in another thread that it isn't tracktions fault. it does allow for resizing.... see energyXT or PPModulator for example... they can be resized without a problem

multree wrote:okay so - we just "decided" in another thread that it isn't tracktions fault. it does allow for resizing.... see energyXT or PPModulator for example... they can be resized without a problem
There's a message in VST that lets the host tell the plugin if it supports resizing. I disable all resizing if the host tells the plugin that it doesn't support it.

I had a talk about this with someone at Ableton last week, they support the message from Live 5.2.1. I'll have to talk to someone about Tracktion then, I guess.

yeah would be cool... thanks

grymmjack wrote:I did. What's strange is I just downloaded the one from the thread you mentioned and it's now ignoring WaveShaper again... WTF? :)
Sorry for the delay...

Does this problem still exist?

reflex; no it's all working fine now. Thanks for the follow up.

*bump*

I've just recently discovered Edison. I am in the verge of buying the juice pack just for this. It's precisely what I need in Tracktion. However, the resize issue kinda sucks (as multree explained, it's really not having all the buttons available... namely undo). Is there any chance in having it default to a larger size so all buttons are available... or can't you just disable the "resize" inquiry from the plugin. It seems that most of the decent hosts support resizing with no issue regardless for whether it reports it or not (Tracktion being really great at handling resizing). I'm only asking because, it's much easier to see a fix released on your end.. than to wait for an update and hope they implement the change in Tracktion (that could take a long while).
ModuLR / Radio

+1

ModuLR wrote:However, the resize issue kinda sucks
The developers at Tracktion told me it will be fixed in the next version.
Is there any chance in having it default to a larger size so all buttons are available...
Maybe, I'll have to try out some sizes.

reflex wrote:
ModuLR wrote:However, the resize issue kinda sucks
The developers at Tracktion told me it will be fixed in the next version.
Is there any chance in having it default to a larger size so all buttons are available...
Maybe, I'll have to try out some sizes.
:(

did they say when that was going to happen? :P

kidding. several temporary (even privately distributed) sizes would be of use though in the interim if it's not too much trouble. but really, i can make due until the next tracktion version.

thanks for inquiring on our behalf reflex.

Return to “Image Line”