All "Juice Pack" VSTs crash in Bitwig; other Image-Line VSTs work fine;

Official support for: image-line.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I recently purchased the "Juice Pack" VST collection from Image-Line. All of these plugins seem to crash in BitWig v1.3.6 and also in 1.3.8 RC1. I am running Windows 10 (64-bit), and have tried with both 32-bit and 64-bit VSTs. These plugins work fine directly in FL Studio itself (both the built-in plugins and the VST versions). Also note that I can use other (non-"Juice Pack") VST's from Image-Line in Bitwig just fine (e.g. Harmor's VST version).

In Bitwig, I have noticed that the plugins SEEM to work in the background, as long as the VST's UI is not displayed. But as soon as the GUI for the plugin is displayed, my CPU usage jumps to 25% (which I assume actually represents 100% of one of my CPU cores).

When I initially load the plugin, the GUI window automatically opens, and the CPU usage spikes. If I go into Task Manager and kill the Bitwig VST-hosting executable, CPU usage returns to normal, and Bitwig informs me that the plugin has crashed. If I then click the Reload Plugin button, Bitwig reloads the plugin, BUT DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY DISPLAY THE GUI. At this point, the plugin seems to be working in the background - e.g. if I have loaded the delay plugin, my audio has a delay as expected. I can modify the parameters via Bitwig's knobs (without opening the VST GUI), and the delay changes accordingly. However as soon as I click Bitwig's button to display the GUI again, the plugin crashes again as it did when I initially loaded the plugin.

Please let me know if I can provide any additional information which would be helpful for you. I am disappointed that I cannot use these plugins in Bitwig - hoping it gets fixed soon!

Talked to Image-Line support. The fix was to install an older version of the Juice Pack plugins - apparently I'm not the first to experience issues with the latest version.

See the following thread: http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 0#p1099060

Return to “Image Line”