Monomate

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm using fruity loops and I absolutly looooove this plugin.

I noticed that when you did two different notes hit at the same time it only plays one of them. I realize that the name is 'mono'mate, but is there anyway for it to be able to play multiple notes at the same time?

Btw, i really respect what you're doing with the free vst's. Kudos man.

I believe not. I think monomate plays only one note, but just IMHO...

Maybe Polymate can do that? Is there a Polymate?

However if you have a master keyboard which can do splits on different midi channels, you can assign a monomate per split and different MIDI channel and have them play simultaneously, isn't that great? :D

Some masterkeyboards can even assign like 4 or more splits and assign them to different MIDI channels, so you can have a Monomate per octave! wow! So depending on the capabilities of your keyboard you could play many monomates at the same time :wink:

:lol:

p.s. and can you imagine the possibilities if we had 4 or more hands? We could play 4 monomates at once. Would be marvelous, wouldn't it?
Last edited by DuX on Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Just use an FL layer to drive as many instances as you desire polyphony.

how the hell would you do that without all the instances just playing at the same time?

because you can assign synths to specific notes (keys) in the layer channel, there are a number of ways. The most elaborate would be to assign a synth for every note or two. It's like a MIDI split internal to FL. Perhaps four synths, covering 4 zones might do it?

oh - ok - i thought of that but thought it would be too tedious and useless....

hah.. yeah monomate wouldn't be as fun with polyphony. there used to be 2 other synths that went with it.. dimate & trimate.. but they've been retired for a good while now.

[godbox] wrote:Just use an FL layer to drive as many instances as you desire polyphony.
indeed, thats the way, you can even scrap the layer if the pianorollscores are the same, whatever you prefer.

Anyone else think that Monomate is just too loud? It's much louder than any of my other plugins. Maybe it can be tamed a bit in the next update?

yep.. it is a tad loud.. ive know this for a while, and it's on the list of things to fix :)

cool 8)

Yes, Monomate is a GREAT synth. I[ve only just begun to unleash the crazy sounds it can make.

monomate is THE synth i'm missing since working with a mac. for me it's one of the rare synths which actually do change their sound the way i want'em, tweaking the knobs. great plugin.
courtney did it!

im more a fan of Ritual :)
Peace
Dubadelica - Electronic music since 1996 http://www.dubadelica.com/about.php
Radio Rebelde - Modern roots reggae with an electronic twist https://radiorebeldereggae.bandcamp.com/

I am actually working on a song w/ monomate & I added the plugin into 2 different channels, using FLS. I did have some trouble getting everything to play at once. I think (in FLS) if you have the same sample(in the step editor/Piano roll)playing at the same time, from more than 1 pattern, they both play. But I did exerince some cutting out...
I forget exactly, I just messed w/ it for a few minutes, saved, then moved on.

Return to “Tweakbench”