Mute/Volume plugin with Midi CC

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK first off, I LOVE YOU. I totally made a kick ass song with peach back when I was way into trance.

Anyhow now I have another problem. I'm mixing a track of a live distorted guitar and I need something, anything, that will allow me to apply crazy muting and volume stuttering to it. Fruityloops used to let me do this so easily, but now that I'm on cubase its impossible, as the stupid automation track is wayyyy inferior to fruityloops' pattern based editor. Just when I was running out of hope I recently got a tip from a friend that I should find something that lets me control it with a CC midi note, since at that point I could write all my crazy edits into a midi pattern where it'd be way way way more manageable.

Thats where you come in!

I would be so happy if you could you please please please use your vast expertise and make a very simple Volume/Muter plugin that takes CC input for both the volume and the on/off mute switch? ... and make it smoothe out muter a bit so it won't clip when you flip it?

A fan forever regardless.

~Mike

cubase will allow you do this via automating the track volume param.. you should be able to link a controller to it as well.. or even just draw the curves.

i know i've done it before.. but can't remember the exact way to describe it. you definitely don't need to loop this through any vst to make this happen.. its a basic function of a sequencer.

Yeah I see your point, but my problem is that everyone I've asked so far says the same thing as you... that it should be easy yet they don't know how LOL

i just don't ever use Cubase. I'd check the manual, or maybe google around for some tutorials on Cubase automation.

Yeah thats what I've been doing, which is why I've become so desperate for an answer at this point.

By the way, the timezone adjustments show differently, but in reality you took about 30 seconds to reply to my last post. Thats insane.

heh.. i just get notifications in my email.. must have been lucky timing.

yeah i have myspace plugged into my yahoo messenger so when someone messages me I reply back right away and end up looking desperate, YAY!!!

Return to “Tweakbench”