peach's porta knob

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What exactly does the porta knob do on peach? I've turned it back and forth but nothing seems different. Does it even work?

I don't know peach specifically, but "Porta" usually stands for "Portamento," which is a pitch gliding effect similar to glissando but without the glissando's note-by-note stepping. Trombones, violins, musical saws, slide whistles, and of course synths can perform a portamento.

To see if this is right try setting the Porta knob to its minimum value, then play two notes an octave apart, alternating back and forth between the two keys. Now Set it to its max and repeat. At max you might have to alternate between the two notes very slowly to hear the full effect. Finally, try the knob around the middle. I'm guessing you'll hear instant pitch changes with Porta at minimum; a long, slow glide from the first note's pitch to the second with Porta at maximum; and a less slow glide in the middle.

Nope. Doesn't do anything. I've been using it for 2 years and have never gotten it to work.

Return to “Tweakbench”