TB Sequencer Effects: Compatibility Issues w/ Acid Pro 7.0a

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Tweakers,

I recently updated to Acid 7.0a and got the latest versions of all the TB plugins.

It seems that Breakdown, Mashup, and Sideslip aren't working in Acid. They don't produce any sound unless I tweak the start/end knobs, and then they only produce sound for about half a second.

Has anyone else experienced problems with these plugins? I would love to get them working!

Thanks

Alex

Hmmm all of those need the VST host to have "transport run" enabled to generate sound. Are you sure that Avid is sending the "play" signal to the vst?

many vst's run all the time, regardless of wether the play button is pressed or not, but those are special, since they need to be synchronized with the vst host tempo.

I've been looking around in Acid for a way to send the transport information to plugins but have been unable to come up with anything. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

Another thing I'll mention is that if I change the cutoff type from hi, low, bandpass, etc, to setting for which none of the input sound is affected, the plugin does output sound (basically it passes through the input). I'm not sure whether the lack of a signal from the transport controls of Acid would completely disable the plugin or only the sequencer aspect of it.

without a doubt, if Acid doesn't send the "transport start" signal to the plugin, the main core engine of the step sequence will NOT start.. so the sound won't be processed across any of the steps, most likely only the first step, or the global params will actually DO anything..

do the step lights animate when you press play, or even rec+play?

tweakbench wrote:without a doubt, if Acid doesn't send the "transport start" signal to the plugin, the main core engine of the step sequence will NOT start.. so the sound won't be processed across any of the steps, most likely only the first step, or the global params will actually DO anything..

do the step lights animate when you press play, or even rec+play?
TB - The step lights only animate when I tweak the start/end knobs. This is also the only time I hear the output I expect from the plugin. Both the animation and the sound stop less than a second after I start tweaking the knobs.

Also, to expand on an answer to a past question, I believe Acid sends transport information to plugins automatically - the Sony developed plugins can sync to the midi-notes and I'm testing that feature with other third party plugins as well.

Thanks for your continued help!

Return to “Tweakbench”