Post your wishlist for SampleTank 3

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ok, here goes. We all know that the new product is gonna be ST3 (or i sincerely hope)....what do you want in ST3?

I'll go first:
1). A full blown built-in editor that I can use to create my own ST files.
2). A complete mod matrix that trumps the current basic S+S architecture.
3). Disk streaming.
4). New and improved sounds!!!

Personally 1) is the most important to me.

midi effects (chords, scales, midi echo, velocity, step sequencer, arpeggiator etc.)
"It dreamed itself along"

I think it's a little beyond the point of a wishlist helping too much, but just for fun:

Yeah, a proper editor where you can actually make your own patches. Disk streaming would be nice, but I have 2GB of RAM, so whatever... I personally would get by without it, but I understand it's a big need for many others.

My onl wishes:

- Arpeggiator (per part)
- easier midi learn
- Bigger arrows for patch navigation
- Arrows for Multis
- Save/Rename/Delete easier and well functioning
- New effects?

Thanks
Luca
Dream Audio Tools - Sample libraries http://www.dreamaudiotools.com
Archisounds - Music Website http://www.archisounds.net

- More legible interface (fonts, colors). Resizable (with different sizes ala Kontakt for example) would be great. Less photorealism and screen estate wasting and more usability and ease of use.
- If not streaming, at least smarter memory management. If you load the same sound/samples twice (or more), it should only take up 1x the RAM... etc.
- More advanced synthesis engine with better layering/splitting/whatever per part. i.e. should be possible to have complex multi-layered sounds that only take up one part.
- Fewer sounds, but better programming and more attention to detail (with advanced synthesis engine mentioned before). Less sounding like a lifeless 90s sample playback machine, more organic and complex sounds.
- 64bit version
- Additional (contemporary) sampler functionality would be great. Load, map, tweak and play back your own samples without leaving the ST interface. FLAC, MP3, OGG, AAC, SFZ support would be great too.
- Save your own sounds. Not presets, but complete sounds.

If indeed ST3 is coming, isn't it a bit late to make a wishlist now? :)

How bout something really crazy like vst hosting. kinda do the high life thing and freeze vsti's/au's
Thanks,

Bigg John
FREE Loops @ http://www.looplibrary.com

I'm kinda "all of the above," but I think streaming would help bring about larger, more specific libraries. And I'd like to see the interface made easier to read.

There is a lot to like about ST: fast loading, stable, great effect, easy to adjust. I'd just like to add some icing on the cake.

And... if the new product is ST3, then all the feature decisions have already been made. But this is fun anyway.

On usability, skins would be great, or at least options for choice of fonts, and to remove gradients and/or choice of backgrounds. Zebra has a png of the background which can be edited in a graphics app to taste. The lack of readability in the ST gui keeps me from using it, as the competition has both sounds and visuals.

All the earlier comments are things much needed to compete with peers in a tightening market.

I do love the easy multi-timbral, and multi-fx setup, but maybe remove the limit on the number of FX in each sound?

Cheers :)

a completely new GUI....one of my least favourites of the software I use.
Look, steal, borrow anything from NI's GUI

rsp

I think SampleTank is a very good product, but it would be a great product if it had round robin and better quality samples.

Round robin! :D That would be a great feature!

Disk streaming with the ability to convert GigaStudio files would make things interesting. There is a real opportunity this year for someone (or some company) to take advantage of the Gigastudio pieces and customers that Tascam just let drop.

Evan wrote:-
- More advanced synthesis engine with better layering/splitting/whatever per part. i.e. should be possible to have complex multi-layered sounds that only take up one part.
- Fewer sounds, but better programming and more attention to detail (with advanced synthesis engine mentioned before). Less sounding like a lifeless 90s sample playback machine, more organic and complex sounds.
- Additional (contemporary) sampler functionality would be great. Load, map, tweak and play back your own samples without leaving the ST interface. FLAC, MP3, OGG, AAC, SFZ support would be great too.

If indeed ST3 is coming, isn't it a bit late to make a wishlist now? :)
Its later, thats sure, but I take the opportunity to say my opinion.
I dont use it practically lately (Im talking about years) its getting dust because the sounds are very uninspiring in general.
I was to write about why and then I read your post and I want to quote you because I agree very much with what you said.

ST sounds static, the engine need to be rewrote to allow complex and organic sounds. I agree with you that at least it needs to be able to do multilayering inside a patch and much more deep and rich synthesis engine.

It needs disk streaming and others advanced sampler settings like round robin, midi scripts, etc etc.

But the most important it need to have BETTER sounds, more detailed and rich and BETTER patches (forget that plethora of boring patches and give us really good ones).

Well we all see what happens, to be honest I dont have much hope about it, but one thing is sure for me, if it dont have that I most probably will not update.

eDrummist wrote:I think SampleTank is a very good product, but it would be a great product if it had round robin and better quality samples.
Indeed, round robin....and the ability to import more sample formats. Can't think of anything else I'd ask for.
"a confession without need of absolution, without need of redemption"

1) +1 !

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”