GROUP BUY: Ocean Way & Drum Masters Ultimate Studio Drum Bundle!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thenumber23 wrote:
Squids wrote:There's also a SECOND Global Patch Update that we'll have by Tuesday that should be the final on that.
Is this out, and is it called Drum Master 2 Global Patch Update?

Brian
This is coming either tonight or tomorrow. It's Global Patch Update 2.

By the way, you'll notice this thread is now in the company forum so it won't fade away... in case anyone wants to continue to read all 200+ pages of it. ;)

Hallo everyone,

I'm kinda late here, but I was in the group buy (not first time). Unfortunately, I don't have the time to follow all developments, but can you point out what exactly am I getting? I read somewhere here that I can get a DVD set/HD with all the content?

Best,

Mihail

garchev wrote:I'm kinda late here, but I was in the group buy (not first time). Unfortunately, I don't have the time to follow all developments, but can you point out what exactly am I getting? I read somewhere here that I can get a DVD set/HD with all the content?
Hi Mihail,

Most of what you need to know is here:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 25&start=0

A great deal for sure!
Somewhere in the background zedd

Squids wrote:There's also a SECOND Global Patch Update that we'll have by Tuesday that should be the final on that.

This is coming either tonight or tomorrow. It's Global Patch Update 2.
Oh you TEASE! :-)

I'm now seeing a "Drum Masters IMAP MIDI Volume 1" on the downloads section. Is this the long-awaited much anticipated SquidiMidi or something different?

superdan54 wrote:I'm now seeing a "Drum Masters IMAP MIDI Volume 1" on the downloads section. Is this the long-awaited much anticipated SquidiMidi or something different?
It's SquidiMidi plus more. I was just kidding about calling it SquidiMidi.

Squids wrote: I was just kidding about calling it SquidiMidi.
Bummer...

standalone wrote:
Bummer...
Why you liked that name? It was a bit silly wasn't it?

Squids wrote:
standalone wrote:
Bummer...
It was a little silly, but I actually added "SquidiMidi" to my folder name just for fun, and to remember that it came with this Group Buy. But as a professional product to suppliment the Drum Masters collection, you should probably stick with "Drum Masters MIDI" for the public.

I also have a folder of samples called "Banks Bank" which I thing you had renamed before releasing.

Yeah, you know... I toy with the idea of a silly name but most of that stuff doesn't make the cut. Drum Masters was going to be called DAVE KERZNER DRUMS and I was going to use the slogan "Let there be Squids" but... that didn't make the cut either. So Drum Masters it is. ;) (I am totally kidding btw).

Squids wrote:
standalone wrote:
Bummer...
Doesn't everybody love silly names?. I do. :oops:

Ok, I may be a beginner with Kontakt... I wonder if there's an easy solution I have not managed to think about.

Here's what I would like to do: using full version of Kontakt 3.5., having loaded a Drum Masters STm kit and using it as multi-out in several tracks in Pro Tools... Now, if I would like to replace the snare in that STm kit with:

A) a snare of a Drum Masters multitrack kit
B) a snare of OWD (Silver) multikit

...what would be the easiest way to do that, as there is so much difference in Kontakt channel routing (you know)?

Currently I'm thinking about opening another instance of Kontakt on a different PT track, copying the (snare) midi on that track, opening the snare I want in this new instance of Kontakt, and routing it out to another set of tracks in PT... Is this the easiest way?

I hope I was able to put my question clear enough (English is not my native).

Jus11 wrote:Currently I'm thinking about opening another instance of Kontakt on a different PT track, copying the (snare) midi on that track, opening the snare I want in this new instance of Kontakt, and routing it out to another set of tracks in PT... Is this the easiest way?
Gosh no! Just delete the snare drum instrument in the kit that you loaded, and load another snare instrument. As long as it has the same MIDI channel it will take the place of the previous snare (whether it is MT or STm). If you save a bunch of your favorite snare sounds to a particular folder, you can load one of them as I just described and then use the arrow keys at the top of the kit piece GUI to automatically audition each of the other snares in your folder.

Kontakt seems a little complicated when you first start out, but once you get the hang of things it will start to seem pretty simple. :-)

Some good news to report... wow, I am so tired (so tired I copy and pasted this post from another forum!!! been working non-stop!)... we're just about done with the next Global Patch Update and it does have some significant tweaks to the V-Drum maps. While we don't yet have the new hi hat script integrated yet we DID make it so you have a more closed hat sound for both inside and edge closed vs. open and open edge. I think that some people may be specifically stuck on that one and I can understand. It never should have been such an "open" sounding hat for the closed edge.

However, today I also got to try out version 2 of the CC4 script for the hat and it's pretty cool! I think those that wanted it will like it. It switches between either a closed inside or closed edge to a medium open hi hat end then to an open hihat and open edge. It also controls the release so there is variance in the decay of each one as well... even though unforunately a hi hat controller like the VH-12 tends to skip around a lot on CC#'s... not a smooth 0-127 from that one. I need to check out the VH-11 and other hat controllers. I wonder if they are smoother on the CC's. Could be. Anyway, we're realistically going to have to do some testing and tweaking so the plan will be to release the Global Patch Update as it is now (but with some significant tweaks and improvements to the hat already) and then in about a week we'll have another update "enhancement" for new hat scripts with CC4.

Squids wrote:Some good news to report... wow, I am so tired (so tired I copy and pasted this post from another forum!!! been working non-stop!)... we're just about done with the next Global Patch Update and it does have some significant tweaks to the V-Drum maps. While we don't yet have the new hi hat script integrated yet we DID make it so you have a more closed hat sound for both inside and edge closed vs. open and open edge. I think that some people may be specifically stuck on that one and I can understand. It never should have been such an "open" sounding hat for the closed edge.

However, today I also got to try out version 2 of the CC4 script for the hat and it's pretty cool! I think those that wanted it will like it. It switches between either a closed inside or closed edge to a medium open hi hat end then to an open hihat and open edge. It also controls the release so there is variance in the decay of each one as well... even though unforunately a hi hat controller like the VH-12 tends to skip around a lot on CC#'s... not a smooth 0-127 from that one. I need to check out the VH-11 and other hat controllers. I wonder if they are smoother on the CC's. Could be. Anyway, we're realistically going to have to do some testing and tweaking so the plan will be to release the Global Patch Update as it is now (but with some significant tweaks and improvements to the hat already) and then in about a week we'll have another update "enhancement" for new hat scripts with CC4.
good news indeed. I am looking forward to this!
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”