GROUP BUY: Ocean Way & Drum Masters Ultimate Studio Drum Bundle!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

>>>Read Ocean Way Drums Review @ Sound on Sound Here<<<

Price triers:
1-25 Joined $149.
26-50 Joined $139.
51-100 Joined $129. <----WE ARE HERE
101-150 Joined $119.
151-200 Joined $109.
201+ Joined $99 (Final Price)

What You Get When 200+ People Join!

Everything in the "Ultimate Studio Drums Group Buy" is downloadable exclusively from eSoundz.com This is a limited-time bundle that includes the following kits that are playable from Sonic Reality's latest Infinite Player plug-in powered by Kontakt 3.5:

• Sonic Reality's Infinite Player plug-in powered by Kontakt*
• 12 different Ocean Way® Drums DL mix kits from dry to medium to ambient
• 15 Drum Masters 2 Signature Drum Kits featuring drum kits of legendary drummers
• Ambient Impulse Responses from some of the best sounding studio rooms in the world to use with Infinite Player/Kontakt's convolution reverb
• Bonus Midi Grooves

* If you already own the Infinite Player you can get a brand new previously unreleased Drum Masters 2 Ludwig® Jazz Kit instead!

>>>Join here<<<

Feel free to refer me: lukianowicz

Check out the review in bronxsound's lead post:
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/apr09/a ... ydrums.htm

There are a number of interesting points in the review, including some opinions of "room for improvement." And, FWIW, I think all the "room for improvement" opinions have been fixed, or in the process of being fixed.

From the article:
Given that Ocean Way Drums was put together by one of the greatest audio engineers of our time, it should be little surprise that the audio quality is beyond reproach. The 19 kits on offer here are all excellent professional specimens that would grace any recording you cared to put them on: clean, clear, fast and larger than life. The dynamic response of the hits is musical and appealing, and the hint of snare rattle on the kick and tom hits is great at gluing the kit together as a whole.

Hey CONGRATS! You're at $129. WELL DONE! Well deserved as people are really getting behind this one and it shows. Alright so next stop: $119! You can do it. It's only been 2 days. You've got 28 more! So if this breaks 300 then there will be a special bonus added and if it breaks 400 another and 500 another... that's how these things go. They can only get better the more people join. Keep up the good work!

Those top of the page posts from Bronx and Reverend are really impressive. We get the deluxe treatment! I don't know what we did to deserve such dedicated help but we sure do appreciate it. Thanks guys!

Certainly Receptor can handle Kontakt 3.5, and presumably the sample sets can be moved into the appropriate places on the Receptor. I guess I'm not clear on what, if any, functionality is lost from using these samples in Kontakt 3.5 instead of the Infinite Player, and whether the Infinite Player needs to work on the Receptor in order to authorize the sounds, etc., to that "computer"? Anyway, certainly would love to know, these sound great.

bronxsound wrote:@squids: I really enjoyed watching promo videos of OWD. It also gave an idea what it does and how it works. So possibly adding few links to the vids on the "joining" page would help a few to make up their minds.
Great idea. We'll try to work that in too. We're adding images from the sessions as well.

4fmb wrote:Wow, what an amazing GB! Squids, could you say something about the MIDI grooves that come with this GB? Are they the same as the bonus grooves made available in a previous GB, or are they new? I'd definitely be interested in some details/specifics here. Thanks!
I am still working out the midi files part which is why it is vague at the moment. It may possibly include a thousand midi file grooves from Groove Monkee - the ones we've been giving away but I don't have 100% confirmation on that yet. However, it WILL include new iMap grooves that are designed to really take advantage of the extended iMap like nothing else has before. There will be all sorts of rock, funk, hip hop and fusion grooves - mostly played by me (finger drummer from under the sea).

I will give you all some free ones to play with so you can see the extreme high quality of them and their realism and feel which is more than you might normally hear from General Midi grooves.

mrhudson wrote:Any guess/hunch whether these would run on a brand new Muse Receptor?
They will!

mrhudson wrote:Certainly Receptor can handle Kontakt 3.5, and presumably the sample sets can be moved into the appropriate places on the Receptor. I guess I'm not clear on what, if any, functionality is lost from using these samples in Kontakt 3.5 instead of the Infinite Player, and whether the Infinite Player needs to work on the Receptor in order to authorize the sounds, etc., to that "computer"? Anyway, certainly would love to know, these sound great.
You will need to install the Infinite Player. It's a (kind of) virtual dongle. It's a form of non-intrusive copy protection. A number of Kontakt sample developers are going to this.

Feel free to visit this referral thread and choose one of the members that you can refer at esoundz check out:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=217796

Note that referrals work for ANY (download) purchase at esoundz (not only for Group Buys).

esoundz: MountainKing
"The 'less-is-more'-guy ... he's an asshole." (Billy Decker)

Reverend Rhythm wrote:
mrhudson wrote:Certainly Receptor can handle Kontakt 3.5, and presumably the sample sets can be moved into the appropriate places on the Receptor. I guess I'm not clear on what, if any, functionality is lost from using these samples in Kontakt 3.5 instead of the Infinite Player, and whether the Infinite Player needs to work on the Receptor in order to authorize the sounds, etc., to that "computer"? Anyway, certainly would love to know, these sound great.
You will need to install the Infinite Player. It's a (kind of) virtual dongle. It's a form of non-intrusive copy protection. A number of Kontakt sample developers are going to this.
Do you have detailed install instructions for the Infinite Player on the Receptor? Plugorama didn't show any info on compatibility for Infinite Player, or install tips. If I can get that info, I'm pretty much in - don't want to buy and then find it won't run for some arcane reason.......

Squids wrote:
4fmb wrote:Wow, what an amazing GB! Squids, could you say something about the MIDI grooves that come with this GB? Are they the same as the bonus grooves made available in a previous GB, or are they new? I'd definitely be interested in some details/specifics here. Thanks!
I am still working out the midi files part which is why it is vague at the moment. It may possibly include a thousand midi file grooves from Groove Monkee - the ones we've been giving away but I don't have 100% confirmation on that yet. However, it WILL include new iMap grooves that are designed to really take advantage of the extended iMap like nothing else has before. There will be all sorts of rock, funk, hip hop and fusion grooves - mostly played by me (finger drummer from under the sea).

I will give you all some free ones to play with so you can see the extreme high quality of them and their realism and feel which is more than you might normally hear from General Midi grooves.
IMAP midi files will be extra cool 8)

mrhudson wrote:
Reverend Rhythm wrote:
Do you have detailed install instructions for the Infinite Player on the Receptor? Plugorama didn't show any info on compatibility for Infinite Player, or install tips. If I can get that info, I'm pretty much in - don't want to buy and then find it won't run for some arcane reason.......
VGP http://www.plugorama.com/customer/produ ... ductid=503 is a Kontakt player. Sample Trumpet http://www.plugorama.com/customer/produ ... ductid=639 also looks like a Kontakt Player. These would be the same as Infinite Player. Infinite Player is a Kontakt Player.

Again, I hope Squids can clarify this.

I guess I'm not clear on what, if any, functionality is lost from using these samples in Kontakt 3.5 instead of the Infinite Player,
+1. Would like to know that the instrument "headers" are the same in Kontakt as with the Infinite player, in other words all the sweet controls and scripting stuff is still available and not just "access to the samples" functionality.
I'm pretty sure that's how Kontakt 'library' products usually work.

[/quote]VGP http://www.plugorama.com/customer/produ ... ductid=503 is a Kontakt player. Sample Trumpet http://www.plugorama.com/customer/produ ... ductid=639 also looks like a Kontakt Player. These would be the same as Infinite Player. Infinite Player is a Kontakt Player.

Again, I hope Squids can clarify this.[/quote]

Agreed! Both of those seem to have dedicated helper installers from Muse, so we'll see!

54 on the counter. We are moving on :)

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”