I just love GEAR! Check out these IK pics

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

susiwong wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Here are my guesses so far:

Vox AC30, Pro-Co Rat, Fender Super Reverb, Big Muff, Leslie 147, Nueman TLM170, Royer R121, Roland JC120, Mesa Boogie MK III, Orange DC30, Roger Mayer Fuzz Face, Mastro Fuzz Tone

There's also a Tweed Fender cab so I'm thinking either Bassman or Champ.

Some I'm sure of. Others are guesses. I'm curious as to what I outright have wrong, and what I'm close to but on the right track with.
Mostly correct, the Rat, Fuzz Face and Maestro Fuzz Tone are new tonight.
Agreed about the JC120.
The brown cab is no Fender Tweed (colour, material), and it's far too big for a Champ.
The Orange is a vintage OR/OD 120, it has EL34s, the current AD30 has EL84s, just like the Matchless DC30 (which unfortunately isn't pictured - yet ? :wink: )
Ymmv,
susiwong
Thanks for the correction on the Orange Amps. Could the tweed grill in the mic shot be a Fender Blues Jr? It seems to be a different shade than the grill cloth on things like the Bassman but nothing other than a tweed Fender comes immediately to mind.

Also, has anyone figured out which Marshall it is? JCM800?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Could the tweed grill in the mic shot be a Fender Blues Jr? It seems to be a different shade than the grill cloth on things like the Bassman but nothing other than a tweed Fender comes immediately to mind.

Also, has anyone figured out which Marshall it is? JCM800?
Funkybot,
The Marshall is a 100W SuperLead 1959 Mk II, pre JCM800, most 800s had a black plaque with serial # etc between the "100W" letters and the first speaker out as well as different (black/black) 1/4" sockets.
The vent on top hints at a 100W head.

Kinda nice to see companies fight about the best Marshall/Vox/Fender emus, players will benefit. :tu:
They will have to try harder to see me bored. :wink:

All Fender tweed amps, vintage, new or reissue, I'm aware of had much darker grill cloth than the tweed cab covering, the cloth itself in the photo is tweed coloured.
So I doubt it's a Fender. :shrug:
Until further notice I believe it to be an Orange cab. :-o

Ymmv,
susiwong

susiwong wrote:Some look like an old MK series Boogie to me.
That heatsink, switch plugs at the bottom, 7ender style knobs ...
Ymmv,
susiwong
I haven't got my glasses on tonight and i never really wear the damned things - but i think that one is a Dumble Overdrive Special. If it is then we are in for a treat i tell you....

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:One amp I'm intrigued by and haven't seen anyone model is the Peavey Roadmaster. Thurston Moore from Sonic Youth uses one (running into a JCM900 cab) as the main portion of his live rig and it sounds great.
Peavey amps are very underrated imho, fine workhorses that can take lots of road abuse.
Just tonight at rehearsal I played my trusty old tweed Classic50 212 (has survived more than 400 gigs so far) and a Tokai 335 with Pearly Gates PUs and got nothing but compliments from my colleagues about the tone.
It's not known so much, but actually most classic Skynyrd tracks featured Peavey tube amps almost exclusively.
Ymmv,
susiwong

NEKRO.MACHINE wrote:
susiwong wrote:Some look like an old MK series Boogie to me.
That heatsink, switch plugs at the bottom, 7ender style knobs ...
Ymmv,
susiwong
I haven't got my glasses on tonight and i never really wear the damned things - but i think that one is a Dumble Overdrive Special. If it is then we are in for a treat i tell you....
Hi Dean,
totally agreed about Dumbles ! :love:
The pictured chassis is a Mk III for sure, note the mixed power tubes (EL34/6L6) typical of SimulClass amps, hopefully that option gets modeled.
One of the sweetest power amps of all time.
It's not a Mk II because of the "Rhythm 2" option, besides other details.
Admittedly though, my remark about "7ender style knobs" was only partially true, I was referring to the number rings which in fact are similar. :oops:
Cheers,
susiwong

Another correction :oops: ,
the oval "spaceship" fuzz actually is a Roger Mayer Classic Fuzz, not a Fuzz Face. :!:
Not that big on fuzz boxes personally, ymmv.
Cheers,
susiwong

Tadaa, I might have solved the mystery pot riddle.
Not 100% sure, but it looks like another Maestro Fuzz Tone, similar to this pic:
A bit extra hard :shock: as obviously the "tone" knob is an aftermarket replacement or a f*ck up at Gibson/Maestro (quite possible, too :roll: )
And I was looking for amps all the time ... :shrug:
Lol,
susiwong

You guys are too smart for me. Damn! Some serious gear-heads here. Respect the knowledge :hail:

^^^^ +1

susiwong wrote:Tadaa, I might have solved the mystery pot riddle.
Not 100% sure, but it looks like another Maestro Fuzz Tone, similar to this pic:
A bit extra hard :shock: as obviously the "tone" knob is an aftermarket replacement or a f*ck up at Gibson/Maestro (quite possible, too :roll: )
And I was looking for amps all the time ... :shrug:
Lol,
susiwong
I think you're right about it. Seems like the Amp verbiage is perfect in relation to the tone knob. An after-market knob would totally explain the difference.

Overall, it sure seems like we're on the cusp of Amplitube 3 and I'm very psyched about it.

My wish...IK makes the T-Racks, and X-Gear shells one and even adds CSR to the mix. Imagine being able to run all the IK effect plugins in a single shell? You'd have one hell of a processor there...

Just dawned on me some of the solid state stuff might actually be bass equipment :shock: or even keyboard related ...
That's where my knowledge definitely stops. :shrug:

Also, not so sure about the JC-120 anymore, there are so many completely different looking circuit board revisions floating around, similarities are definitely there but also differences ...

Will keep on trying for sure. :)
Cheers,
susiwong

there's Pics of a Ibanez WH10 - good wah pedal but a bit overhyped.....

mut be AT John Fruscicante (or however he's called) edition then

New pics - a bit easier this time. :wink:
A Trace Elliott bass (pre- ?) amp and two shots of a Mesa Rectifier.
Cheers,
susiwong

edit : The Rectifier appears to be the 3 channel model.

edit 2 : The Trace Elliot seems to be an AH250 or similar, a full amp in any case as the pres didn't have that fan

edit 3: AH250 only is meant as an example, there were lots of bigger models too, all visually similar
Last edited by susiwong on Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

multree wrote:there's Pics of a Ibanez WH10 - good wah pedal but a bit overhyped.....

mut be AT John Fruscicante (or however he's called) edition then
Didn't mean it sounded bad when I mentioned it above, but mechanically they were a catastrophe, not really built for stage use. :help:
Hope IK won't model that aspect ... :-o
Cheers,
susiwong

multree wrote:there's Pics of a Ibanez WH10 - good wah pedal but a bit overhyped.....

must be AT John Fruscicante (or however he's called) edition then
So do we get like 30-40 stompboxes and 4 huge full pedal boards if that's the case? :o 8) :love:

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”