Drum Masters & OWD Community Support Thread

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, let's do this. Since there are many people of all different levels of experience with Kontakt, with Infinite Player, with Drum Masters 1, Ocean Way Drums or the new Ultimate Studio Drums Group Buy, we're going to have to split off into different thread topics so that it is possible for any sane person to try to follow. There are many experienced users who can help each other and I will do my best to answer questions as well. However, the BEST route to take is to email support (at) esoundz (dot) com if you have any kind of issue with your serial numbers not showing or a missing sample or TGA file etc. Allen, our support manager will get back to you as quickly as he can. He's obviously overloaded helping everyone and he's doing a fantastic job. SOME things can be solved both others in the community helping to troubleshoot. It is entirely possible that somewhere in that monster thread there is an explanation that was lost. Besides the vital info thread we might make an updated FAQ thread so people can check to see if their question/issue has already been answered. That might help too.

So, if you have a tech question feel free to post it here in our company forum instead of that million page marketing forum thread!

Thanks

First question: Are the drum kits currently available to download in eSoundz the same binary files as first released, or were there some up-revisions issued in the meantime (to solve issues)?

In other words, does everybody have to make sure they're working with the latest versions, or have the versions been unchanged since they became available?

Second Question: If I have a full version of Kontakt 3.5, I can install the Infinite Player straight into that, right? I won't need the free Kontakt Player?

Third Question: If I use Kontakt 3.5 full version, can I install IP as a New Library and put that library content anywhere on a drive other than C:, if I am running Vista or 7 (for example G:/Expansion USB Drive/Sample Libs/) ? Is this still true if the rest of Kontakt's factory library is somewhere on C: (as per the default install paths of Kontakt 3.5)?

Tropical, as to Second Question: Yes, you dont need the free Kontakt Player. I have the full version as well.

As to your Third Question, I initially installed Kontakt on my "H:" drive, so I am not sure about splitting up libraries. If you can't split them for some reason, check this out. Very cool utility http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... 96768.aspx lets you create symbolic links (ala unix) from directories to other drives, etc.
Last edited by gmontano on Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
too much is never enough. - gmontano on esoundz.com

Some users have reported a bug with the Kit 01 bass drum. "Within the bass drum panel, pan doesn't seem to work nor the volume slider, it is also not reporting and level on the bar led thingi. there seems to be a problem with send effects for the bass drum."

... see Squids' reply on the next page
Last edited by DarkStar on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

tropicalontour wrote:Third Question: If I use Kontakt 3.5 full version, can I install IP as a New Library and put that library content anywhere on a drive other than C:, if I am running Vista or 7 (for example G:/Expansion USB Drive/Sample Libs/) ? Is this still true if the rest of Kontakt's factory library is somewhere on C: (as per the default install paths of Kontakt 3.5)?
As I understand it you can specify several different folders in Kontakt (click on the Options Icon):

-- you'll need to Rebuild the database in Kontakt too,
-- and, perhaps, Add the Library in the Browser / Libraries tab.
Last edited by DarkStar on Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Inspired by ...

Thank you both for excellent and helpful responses.

I'll be glad to help out here. :D

Not expecting anyone to give a detailed answer, but is there a place or link to learn more about:
-round robin and other terms
-advantages/disadvantages of the different formats
-name and/or description of the kits
-general tips for recording drums and getting great sounds. For example, I sometimes duplicate my drums and give them a slightly different sound. When combined they sound great. Similar idea to blending compressed and uncompressed sounds.

I'm used to Battery so this is new to me. I've already replaced the drums in one of my songs with drums from this promo, and really liked the sounds I got. :)

TIA
esoundz name: Helio

Inspired by ...

are you finding that the actual downloads are 30MB (+/- 5MB) smaller than the listed size on the esoundz download page?

squids said to check these two numbers against each other but i'm finding them to be consistently different. is the larger file size, perhaps, a pre-zipped number?

Thanks!

The information about the kits is too limited on that link so I was looking for further details. I remember one page that mentioned the exact kits used, but given my level of ignorance I was looking for something like "good for rock" or "jazz" or something to that effect.

The ones I used in the past had names like "Vintage," "70s,", "Jazz," etc., so finding the right one for the job was fast.

I could listen to each of the kits and make my own list -and will eventually do it- but they take a while to load so if there's information already available that will be a time saver.
esoundz name: Helio

@bambam,

Can you post a couple of specific examples - size on eSoundz page and size on your disk?
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:@bambam,

Can you post a couple of specific examples - size on eSoundz page and size on your disk?
@DarkStar,

here are three, for example (they all vary similarly):

esoundz page:
OWD Kit 10 Med 735685754 bytes

browser download window:
OWD Kit 10 Med 702 MB

esoundz page:
OWD Kit 13 Medium 664903215 bytes

browser download window:
OWD Kit 13 Medium 634 MB

esoundz page:
OWD Kit 12 Dry 648924035 bytes

browser download window:
OWD Kit 12 Dry 619 MB

On a mac, you can right click or control click or whatever on the zipped file, and then do "get info" - this will show the zipped and unzipped file sizes. I did this and saw the discrepancies, but all is fine. The filesize within the zip ("size on disk") matched that on esoundz. Of course, you have to do something like this to "peer" inside the zipped file, given that you can't unzip the files before installing in the inf player.

Anyway, my take from a mac......

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”