Drum Masters & OWD Community Support Thread

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There's a wholelotta chokin goin' on! :D

Bump!

Squids wrote:

3. sockofgold style - where not only F, F# and G but also G# and A all choke the open hi hats. That's a wholelotta chokin'!

BTW, this is just for finger drummers what we're talking about. I'll put something on the top so it is clear. We'll have to do that or e-Drummers might get confused. This doesn't affect the e-drummers. This is an iMap discussion.
I'm just thinking that it's the most realistic sounding. Otherwise, if a semi-open hat doesn't choke a fully open hat, you're going to have what is supposed to be a single hi-hat playing two different sounds at once.

In real life, there is only one hi-hat, so every time you hit it, it overrides the previous hit. At least in my eyes, drum sample instruments should have the same behavior.

And for the record, I'm a total finger drummer! :) But if you use something like Addictive Drums, they have a mapping similar to IMAP, with the hats spread out over numerous keys, and all hats choke one-another.

The IMap map is here: http://www.sonicreality.com/squidscorne ... 2horiz.jpg

I've decided to really learn this!

Squids wrote:
drumrgal wrote:
Squids wrote:
drumrgal wrote:
You should contact Allen Kim. But I told him and he's going to contact you (now THAT is support! haha).

You don't need Kontakt 4. Your Kontakt full 3.5 is fine. You do need to be sure you've authorized your first Infinite Player and for anyone like yourself who previously owned Ocean Way Drums AND Infinite Player you should see BOTH of those graphcis on the left side of your Kontakt 3.5 window. Do you?

If you do, then do either of them say "activate" in the top left corner of that rectanglular image? Like this: Image

Notice it says "activate" on the OWD one? Do either of yours say that? If so then it needs to be activated with the serial. For help with that you can talk to Allen.

If you HAVE activated both already and you're just getting a graphic problem then all you have to do is open your Infinite Player folder and take out the two files called

Studio ProFiles Infinite Player_info.nkx

and

Studio ProFiles Infinite Player_info.nkc

Those two were incomplete files we got from NI by mistake. They've since corrected it and if you download any of the OWD Kits in this group buy and drag and drop them onto the INFINITE LIBRARY INSTALLER (not the OWD installer in this case - important) then it will replace the above two image files (that's what they are - for the graphics) automatically.

So if none of the above is the problem then what I suggest is that you describe exactly what the problem is either directly to Allen who will troubleshoot and walk you through it OR from the community support thread here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 19#3928919

I know it can get confusing because there are a lot of people with different questions. But, once it gets ironed out you'll find it to be quite easy. As long as you are doing the right steps. ALL sounds from this Group Buy - whether thy are OWD kits or Drum Masters work with the Infinite Player and Infinite Installer.

Hope that helps!

Squids!!

Thanks for all your help & suggestions & to top it off, asking Allen to contact me - I sure do appreciate that & yes - incredible customer support indeed!!

It's okay now though as with your help, everything has come together for me & last night, I was able to get things organized properly & it all looks good now ....yeah!!

Seems like I had put things in wrong folders etc
I use an external drive for my drumming stuff & had made some filing errors on it. Poor Kontakt had no idea where things were.

Thanks again for all your help & please thank Allen too :)

Looks like I will be doing some drumming today :D

Kim :band:
Roland TD12
MAC OS 10.6 4 GB /2.4 GHz Intel/ Core 2 Duo
LogicExpress 9/Apogee Duet
SD2, BFD2, AD, OWD Silver & Drum Masters: NDV Premr Kit

I understand what you're saying Sock. But the reason it was originally made the other way is so you could more deliberately choose to close it when you wanted to by hitting the foot on F and then not have things cutting off so easily while playing the others. All it takes is one misfire and the hi hat can cutoff when you didn't want it to. But I realize that takes a little extra expertise to do it the original way because you have to get used to hitting that foot to shut it. I'll experiment and see which is best. Each of the three options have their merits. It might end up just being #1 and #3. 3 being the new default and 1 being... my way that the expert chokers use. ;) Just choking! :lol:

I think I read something in the mega thread about the installer not doing anything if you try to install the drum samples on any external hard drive. Is that true? If so, that's a big groan from me. C: just does not have the room.

Can anybody confirm or deny? I'm running Vista and it's UAC is traditionally the bug bear of installers, but this sounded like something worse.

My current strategy is to download everything, patches as well, and then try to install it all in one big insane session of frustration. Otherwise, it feels too much like a developer's construction kit for my taste.

I'm just hoping that the fixup files that will come at the end will fix all of the weirdnesses with graphics and settings that have been reported by early downloaders. I've been downloading files as soon as I can, stealing moments from my day to do so. My greatest fear is that I have downloaded lots of files that were subsequently fixed (I DL'd the now removed-for-tweaks John Bonham DM2 kit this morning, for example) and that I will wind up having to DL them all again.

OK, the GB is excellent value, but it sure has the feel of making it up as we go :)

Squids wrote: my way that the expert chokers use. ;) Just choking! :lol:
Something about the phrase "expert choker" just makes me uncomfortable. :)

Anyway, yeah it's just a preference thing. If it's a possibility to provide alternate choke settings, I would certainly appreciate it, as I know I will never be able to do it myself. But if not, I understand it's a big task, and I will get by. Either way, thanks for the drums. They are seriously bad-ass.

Hello! I know everyone is "EXCITED"!
Please stop ignoring my posts!

Is there any difference between

DRY and Ambient kits/Drum Masters 2 NDV ST Premier® Kit (Ambient)and Dry/ that I just downloaded !

Here is a sample: http://nalbantov.com/masters/DM2%20NDV% ... t%20GM.mp3

AND THIS kit here http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=2404 I mean the SOUND!

The striped down kits that I just got sounds different! The snare is loose and nothing like the samples on the web site.

THANKS!
Last edited by dimitar on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tropicalontour wrote:I think I read something in the mega thread about the installer not doing anything if you try to install the drum samples on any external hard drive. Is that true? If so, that's a big groan from me. C: just does not have the room.

Can anybody confirm or deny? I'm running Vista and it's UAC is traditionally the bug bear of installers, but this sounded like something worse.

My current strategy is to download everything, patches as well, and then try to install it all in one big insane session of frustration. Otherwise, it feels too much like a developer's construction kit for my taste.

I'm just hoping that the fixup files that will come at the end will fix all of the weirdnesses with graphics and settings that have been reported by early downloaders. I've been downloading files as soon as I can, stealing moments from my day to do so. My greatest fear is that I have downloaded lots of files that were subsequently fixed (I DL'd the now removed-for-tweaks John Bonham DM2 kit this morning, for example) and that I will wind up having to DL them all again.

OK, the GB is excellent value, but it sure has the feel of making it up as we go :)
tropicalontour all files installed and working OK on a USB HDD here using the Installer. I have Vista and UAC is turned off.
Don

dimitar wrote:Hello! I know everyone is "EXCITED"!

DRY and Ambient kits/Drum Masters 2 NDV ST Premier® Kit (Ambient)and Dry/ that I just downloaded !

AND THIS kit here http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=2404 I mean the SOUND!

The striped down kits that I just got sounds different! The snare is loose and nothing like the samples on the web site.

THANKS!
Double-posting here and in the GB thread is not really necessary. I doubt that your posts have been ignored.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar, at least you saw my question.

Thanks!

Thank you, Don. Your response was very reassuring. I will turn UAC off before I start installing. It takes a reboot, but it sounds like a good plan.

In real life, there is only one hi-hat, so every time you hit it, it overrides the previous hit. At least in my eyes, drum sample instruments should have the same behavior.

actually this isn't true...it is true that to play a closed hit that it is a given that the pedal will need to be depressed (on pills and in counselling)......but in most other cases it is possible to have cumulative hits that don't abrubtly halt the previous....multiple hits on the open, for example...or an open hit followed by little rolls on the bell

dimitar wrote:Hello! I know everyone is "EXCITED"!

AS!
Yeah, I agree to a certain point. But if you listen closely, I think, it is that every demo on that page is eq'd slighlty different (or maybe the descrete part is set up differently). I just fiddled around with the onboad eq. You can make 'em sound closely to what the demo sounds like by applying eq. I muffled out kick an snare this way.

Maybe that multi-track kit comes with different eq-presets applied?
Last edited by Assi on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
doh!!

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”