SR Infinite Kapsules being updated to Kontakt 4

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We're doing an update to Kontakt 4 with all of the Kapsules now. This will mean that pretty soon it will ONLY work with Kontakt and Kontakt Player 4 and up (no longer working with Kontakt 3.5 if you're still using that).

As we're doing the update we're fixing any known issues with the patches. I found a bunch with the Tron Kapsule (somehow they all had velocity and the releases were too long so that's fixed now and it makes a world of difference... also, a few notes were in "beat mode" which makes it choppy and that's been fixed as well). Owners of this Kapsule will be able to download JUST the patch update which will be available in the next day. Other Kapsules will be updated over the next week or two.

If you own any of the Kapsules and have noticed a bug/error in the patches feel free to mention it in this thread and we'll have a look. Also, if you have the new Infinite Workstation Gold bundle which has ALL 15 Kapsules plus OmniSoundz 2 then let us know any requests you have for a special set of MULTIS we're making plus more. We've released it on www.esoundz.com and I'm going to post a discounted coupon "upgrade" code for anyone who has at least ONE Kapsule. Save you a little bit of money to get them all whether you have one or a bunch of them you might as well have them all!

We're going to do some keyswitching performance multis for the orchestral stuff too... more to come.

Just wonderin'

Is it essential to drop the Kontakt 3.5-compatibility? There may be some people around who have not yet moved on up to Kontakt (Player) 4.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

It's not always essential but supposedly there are some improvements such as load time and other benefits. Since Kontakt Player 4 IS free and always available it's best to stay current.

In any case, we're taking this opportunity to improve the patches themselves as well as making NEW patches which will be free to all that own those Kapsules or the Infinite Workstation (and a special set of Multis that is exclusively just for those that own Infinite Workstation Gold).

Squids wrote: Other Kapsules will be updated over the next week or two.
Great news Squids!
Squids wrote: ... and I'm going to post a discounted coupon "upgrade" code for anyone who has at least ONE Kapsule. Save you a little bit of money to get them all whether you have one or a bunch of them you might as well have them all!
Pretty sure I will not be the only one that already has a number of these (7 & the Foundation collection), any way of trying to construct a deal to add the remaining Kapsules (in my case I think 9 additions) to make up a Gold pack, rather than buy them one at a time? It could generate some further interest?
Don

Yeah we want you guys to be able to get them all because as a workstation they are even more powerful than they are individually.

So here's what we're doing. First, we've got an update for the Tron Kapsule fixing a few goofy things like release times and velocity (more realism now with the new tweak). We're updating the Strings, Woodwinds and Brass Kapsules with some adjustments to release settings for solo instruments to be tighter and also there was a problem with the velocity knob not operating properly. On top of that I am doing performances patches for the orchestral instruments with KEY SWITCH ARTICULATIONS! This is awesome. Really cool to be able to switch between legato, staccato, pizzicato, tremolo and other articulations on the fly. A bunch of other orchestral products have that like VSL and others so it is nice for this to have it too... you really have a complete orchestra module WITHIN this Infinite Workstation.

There are some other really great updates we're doing on the Infinite Workstation Gold bundle and these updates will be free to anyone who buys it now or gets the upgrade discount as well. We're talking about additional patches and exclusive additional samples that are similar to the kind you'd find in a workstation like the Motif or Sonik Synth 2 or a Fantom etc. So, rich vocal pads, weaving textures, strings, motion synths and atmospheric stuff. The Infinite Workstation Gold bundle represents a history of Sonic Reality "workstation type" sounds for the Infinite Player/Kontakt format so we're going to make it do everything it should.

I'll post the update coupon code in here and also an email will be going out today as well to www.esoundz.com customers who own any Infinite Player products and qualify for the upgrade.

I think this is excellent news Squids! I really like Kontakt 4. I had a had time moving from 2 to 3, but 4 is a real improvement. And it seems that the scripting is advanced as well.

Keyswitches for the orchestral sounds will be a big improvement. :D

Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Electric Guitars, Studio Drums, Tron, Brass, Orchestral Percussion and Ensembles along with Woodwinds and Strings Kapsules have all just been updated on eSoundz for anyone who owns them or the Infinite Workstation Gold. All you need are the patch updates if you've already installed it before. It's saved back in Kontakt 4 so it loads faster and there are also key switching articulations for strings, brass and woodwinds. I'll explain more about it and a little manual is coming soon for it as well.

Grrr, I really wish we had version numbers or upload dates on all the items in our Downloads area.

Not all the "patch only" files have been uploaded yet (here) and the Orchestral Brass patches actually downloads the Orchestral Strings patches.

I have sent all the details off to Allen.

---------
Edited: to remove my mistake
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Grrr, I really wish we had version numbers or upload dates on all the items in our Downloads area.

Not all the "patch only" files have been uploaded yet (here) and the Orchestral Brass patches actually downloads the Orchestral Strings patches.

I have sent all the details off to Allen.

---------
Edited: to remove my mistake

Brass has been fixed. We have not updated all of them yet. ALL the patches that have been updated will have the date the update took place in the title.

Thanks

Allen

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”