IK/SR VI HOT BUY - GROUP BUY on eSoundz!!! SampleTank Instruments for $99 + more!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wbes wrote:I notice on the esoundz sampletron page it says "Get 50 free additional exclusive patches if you buy SampleTron on esoundz.com" I bought Sampletron during the group buy and was just wondering if that was included or if that is a new offer. If not where can I get them ? Thanks
Could it be this... http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=2041

:?:

Hey Torgo,

Seeing as you're the go to guy on all things Tron I have a question I need answering if you can help at all.

(Sorry, you may even have answered it already but this thread is getting huge).

I bought Sonik Synth 2 and know that it has some staple tron sounds, but if I wanted to buy one of the 'extras', which one would be best?

I'm thinking Squids Tron Exclusive Extras would give me an overall more diverse package than picking up Sampletron Exclusive Extras but I don't really know if this is correct.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if anyone else knows the answer feel free to chip in too :)

Cheers

cis-didge wrote:Anything about when the FREE exclusive Miroslav Outtakes collection for SampleTank, mentioned in the first post, will be avaible?
Squids wrote:
Now... as for that Miroslav Outtake library. With the hiccup this week on the server it threw off my timing for getting this thing uploaded tomorrow so it will be some time (hopefully early) next week before we have it ready for download. The good news though is that I might have a little extra time over the weekend to add a few more sounds into it anyway. So either way it's a good thing and ehem... it's FREE if you joined the Group Buy and that was the only way to get it. We might give one more chance to get it this month with something special coming up but we'll let you know.
Looks like the week of the 5th now for the bonus stuff. Trust me, having servers crash will make anyones week looong.
I've been thru a few GBs with eSoundz crew and the wait is ALWAYS worth it! :hihi:

KVR/eSoundz: Xenobt

On the Miroslav Outtakes: Squids said the server crash set them back a bit but that it should be on the server sometime this week.

On the 50 patches for SampleTron: rather than a new promo, I think it's a really, really old one that they just forgot to take off the product page. And yes, it is the set of extra Combis. I was interested in it too - I originally bought SampleTron as part of the Total Workstation package through esoundz, and I never got the 50 combis either. I was planning on just getting it sometime that they had a $15 off coupon (the Cinco de Mayo sale would have been perfect) but simply forgot about it.

Anyway, it's only combis and NOT new parent samples. That means they aren't new sounds or even child patches. They're ideas for layering and adding effects to the sounds you already have. So they'll be an extra bonus for giving you ideas, but they're certainly nothing critical. Maybe we'll get another shot at a $15 off coupon sometime later this summer.

On the SampleTron extras vs Squids Tron Exclusive Extras - are you actually BUYING it, as opposed to using one of your group buy bonus choices?

If so, take a look at the full Squids Tron Collection vol 1 (download) rather than either of the Exclusive Extras:

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=1769

Now that the Memorial Day Weekend sales are over, I'm showing the full Squids Tron to be cheaper than either of the Extras sets. That would make it an obvious choice for anyone wanting to purchase more 'Tron.

Of course, I'd still spend the weekend playing around with the stuff in Sonik Synth first (including the Solina Strings and VP330 choir in the "string machines" section) and make sure I really wanted more.

Yeah I was looking at using my last group buy bonus as I'd already got the following:

Sonic Synth 2
Miroslav
CSR (Not a group buy but it was on sale)

World Instruments Collection
SampleArp Solo
Country Folk Rhyhthms
Nashville Pop Grooves
Jazz Grooves
Sixties Motown
Vintage Soul

And so I've got one more left to choose and to be honest I don't really need anymore loops so I was looking at instruments.

Actually I might have to go for the Bass Collection 2 cos it's only through typing this list that I've realised why I had a spare freebie code as I thought I'd already downloaded this and now I've gone and used it for another Retank that I didn't need :cry:

Maybe they'll let me change it if I don't actually download it? I can always ask I suppose.

Anyways, 'if' I wanted to use the last remaining code for one of the extras as opposed to shelling out more cash for Squids Tron Collection, which would you recommend?

I can't actually try anything at the moment as my computer broke a few days into the group buy, I bought a replacement off a reputable company who had been trading here in the UK for 12 years, waited 3 weeks for delivery only for them to send me the wrong bleedin' unit and refuse to send me a replacement when I rang them only for them to subsequently go bust the week after :x

Now I have to wait 8 - 12 weeks to claim the money back through my credit card company, all the while having these lovely sounds to play with and not being able to use them as the laptop I'm typing on has 512mb RAM!!!!!

It's taken 1hr and half for it to download 75% of Jazz Grooves!

And to top it all off I will probably now have to pay IK for another user license for Miroslav which I was lucky enough to install for 3 days before me computer went bust, so all in all the group buy has been an excellent experience but at the same time has been teasing me for weeks with what I can expect in the future but not right now! Arrrrggghhhhhh!

Anyways, the point is I'm kinda stepping out in faith a little on the Trons as I know they're not to everyone's taste, and how much I'll actually use them I don't know, but I do love the sounds and there's nothing else like them - I just don't want to duplicate anything that I'll already have in SS but I can't confirm anything myself as I haven't even bothered downloading it yet until I can get me money back to buy me next computer.

lank1 wrote: And to top it all off I will probably now have to pay IK for another user license for Miroslav which I was lucky enough to install for 3 days before me computer went bust, so all in all the group buy has been an excellent experience but at the same time has been teasing me for weeks with what I can expect in the future but not right now! Arrrrggghhhhhh!
Tip: Cloud backup services are nice.

Anyway, I really hate these reactivation tokens. I can somehow understand the overpriced license transfer (even tho it would make more sense to not allow transfer at all), but 20€ for reactivating ONE product download is really a joke. (Especially considering that for example Xpansion Tanks went for much much less in the group buy than reactivating their download would cost :))

lank1 wrote:And to top it all off I will probably now have to pay IK for another user license for Miroslav which I was lucky enough to install for 3 days before me computer went bust, so all in all the group buy has been an excellent experience but at the same time has been teasing me for weeks with what I can expect in the future but not right now! Arrrrggghhhhhh!
I think the program downloads and sound libraries are available to you for 30 days after registration; if you can grab them and the authorization manager from IK now you might just have to reinstall them when you get your PC back. I think you get 5 authorizations per serial number, but check with IK.

You'll be able to activate Miroslav again on your next computer, using your same serial number. No problem there at all.

The only issue would be if you didn't make backup copies of the Sonik Synth and Miroslav libraries and then lose your hard drive from your other computer. After 30 days, IK does charge a fee to put them back up for you to download them again.

So... important safety tip for everyone reading this: make backups of the sound libraries from all your IK instruments as well as any XpansionTanks that came from IK rather than from esoundz.

As for that last bonus selection, I think I'd go with the Bass Collection 2 instead of either of the 'Tron extras.

Keep in mind that you don't have a time limit on making your bonus selection choices. It's okay to wait until you get a chance to play around with the 'Trons in Sonik Synth, just to make sure.

But unless you *know* you want more 'Tron, you're almost certainly better off with the Bass Collection - especially considering you already have the Trons in Sonik Synth plus Miroslav for much more realistic strings.

For that matter, you're probably better off with that other ReTank that you chose by accident. And if you do end up deciding you want more 'Tron later, the regular Squids Tron Collection vol 1 (download) is available pretty cheap.

Something I just noticed about the Studiophonik preview sounds...

The Studiophonik Bass set is the only one of the three that has the sound list posted on the web site. It contains essentially six different bass guitars, with different variations on each: harmonics, picked, picked w/harmonics, plucked, long pop, short pop.

But oddly enough, the "P Bass" in the set does NOT list the specific sound that is included in the preview set in the Free Sounds area (pick/w harmonics). It might not be a repeat. And the one in the "Wild Card" library from last year's big XpansionTank group buy isn't listed in the set at all.

So it's possible that the 775 meg available in those two libraries may not be repeats from the bigger Studiophonik sets that are for sale.

lank1 wrote: Actually I might have to go for the Bass Collection 2 cos it's only through typing this list that I've realised why I had a spare freebie code as I thought I'd already downloaded this and now I've gone and used it for another Retank that I didn't need :cry:

Maybe they'll let me change it if I don't actually download it? I can always ask I suppose.
I had something similar happen with in last years group buy. I chose Symphony Strings, AFTER choosing Symphony Strings 2, thinking they were different sets, when actually SS2 contained SS with extra solo instruments added.
I mentioned it here (I even used the same emoticon!) and someone suggested a simple explanation to eSoundz support, and long story short...

One email to Allen, and I had my choice back in my account the next day! It's no joke when people rave about their customer service, it's been the best of ANY software company I've ever dealt with.

torgo wrote:
ttoz wrote:I am actually needing some help here. I have something in sampletank format called "squids" tron extras"

Now i believe there is another library i can buy that actually will turn this into a full sampletron, is that correct? I have $90 in epointz so i am hoping it will cost me nothing

Sorry to bear the bad news, but the sounds you *don't* have are the ones in SampleTron. You're missing the entire set.

There are two main 'Tron-related products in the Sonic Reality line: Squids Tron Collection (vol 1) and SampleTron. They have a lot of the same sounds (including all the main Mellotron staples), but each one also has a lot of sounds not found in the other.

So Sonic Reality also released the "Exclusive Extras" titles. These titles have the sounds found in one of the main products but not in the other. That way, owners of SampleTron could pick up Squids Tron Exclusive Extras to complete the set, and owners of Squids Tron Collection could get the rest of the library by picking up SampleTron Exclusive Extras.

If what you have is the "Squids Tron Exclusive Extras" set, then you have the sounds from Squids Tron Collection that were NOT included in SampleTron. Unfortunately, you're missing the full SampleTron set - and the group buy just ended, so it's now back to regular price and won't come with the four extra libraries.

The good news is that the Squids Tron Exclusive Extras has some extra-quirky versions of many of the classic sounds. Mellotrons and Chamberlins made their sounds by playing tapes. They weren't synthesizers - instead, they were giant tape machines. And many of the original tapes are now 40 years old. They have clicks, pops, warbles, flutter, and other problems or oddities. Squids recorded some of these and included them in all their imperfect glory. They weren't included in SampleTron, so you have them in the Squids Tron Exclusive Extras.

So at least the set you have is a good set for true Mellotron-lovers.

Do you have Infinite Player? If so, the Tron Kapsule may be an alternative to SampleTron. It's not identical, but it comes from the same library of sounds, has the important stuff, and is a good set:

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4349

If you don't have Infinite Player, its main function is to support Sonic Reality's line of very high end drum sounds (Ocean Way Drums, EpiK Drums, Drum Masters 2).

If you think you might be interested in trying out a high end drum kit, the Neil Peart Snakes and Arrows kit comes with the Infinite Player as a bonus, and it sells for only about $25 more than Infinite Player normally costs by itself:

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4432

And back to the 'Tron stuff... the main things people really used Mellotrons to play were the strings and the chorus. There's a free VST instrument that has two of the classic Mellotron string sounds, plus the strings from the ARP Strings Ensemble and several other instruments. It's called "Stringer", and you can download it for free from here:

http://www.vstplanet.com/Instruments/VS ... nger_v.1.2

thanks for the explanation...

but can't i just buy squids tron collection V1, and then sampletron exlusive extras, and have sampletron? That's pretty much what the info says. They are both eligible for epointz which means it will only cost me $26, could be even less if some people refer ttoz at checkout :) i guess the only thing i'd miss out on is the combis?? that will kill me though as i love combis....

Yes, you could get the full set by picking up Squids Tron Collection vol 1 plus SampleTron Exclusive Extras. It looks like the combined price would be about $50 less than SampleTron's regular price.

It's not as good a deal as the group buy with the May coupon codes, but it looks like that's currently the best way to get the full library.

Just be aware that you'd essentially be starting over and building the full set from scratch - the set you already have will be completely repeated in the Squids Tron Collection vol 1.

Free Miroslav Outtakes (for the Group Buy participants) almost ready. We're going to make an announcement about it on Thursday - although it may even be in your user areas before then. I'll let you all know.

Could someone tell me which Miroslav refill for Reason includes classical guitar patches?

It's quiet... Too quiet!

Any news about the Bonus set yet, Squids?

Of course, if you're still adding more to it, I'm a PATIENT man! :hihi:

If I missed an announcement in another thread, lemme know...

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”