Missing Kapsule, where should I look for it?

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've just installed Infinite Player and three Kapsules. Everything went well except for the last lib (Electric Guitar Kapsule). I drag the zip file into the installer, it chews on it and shows a progress bar, then announces "The Library has been installed". But durned if I can find it anywhere.

In the directory tree I see "Deluxe Instruments", "Infinite Foundation" and "Kapsules" subdirectories. Within the Kapsules folder I see "Orchestral Ensembles" and "Strings Kapsule", corresponding to the other two kapsules I installed. I was expecting to see a third folder, for the electric guitar kapsule.

In the Infinite Player browser, I also see the same folders, no electric guitar kapsule. The other kapsules load and play just fine.

Could it be installed somewhere else? The library installer only asked me once for the path and the other two went where expected.

Could the installer be failing, perhaps a corrupt zip file? It doesn't display any warnings, and I can peruse the zip file's contents so the file appears to be OK.

If all else fails, is it possible to install the library manually?

I think I read somewhere a long time ago about a problem with the bundled IP Library Installer - can't recall the details though.

Please get the latest Infinite Library Installer (dated Aug/Sept 2009) from here:
http://www.sonicreality.com/support/

Also, I have installed some IP Libraries manually in the past. All you need to do is make sure that the folders end up in the right places. Look at the hierarchy you already have and follow that. That shoul do it.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Got it installed manually, thanks for the advice, and thanks to Allen for the PM.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”