SampleTank / Sonic Synth2 with Logic Pro X

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just saw the announcement about Logic Pro X. 32 bit plugins will not work according to the website. If I get it, is there a 64 bit version of Sonic Synth, and others based on the Sampletank Engine? I've got Sonic Synth 2, Sample Tank, Philharmonik, etc. Will they work?

Cheers,

Dave

Nope,
dstephenson wrote:Just saw the announcement about Logic Pro X. 32 bit plugins will not work according to the website. If I get it, is there a 64 bit version of Sonic Synth, and others based on the Sampletank Engine? I've got Sonic Synth 2, Sample Tank, Philharmonik, etc. Will they work?

Cheers,

Dave

the long wait still goes on :)

The current Powered By SampleTank products are 32-bit and I hope that has been clear, as we're not trying to hide that. SampleTank 3 will be 64-bit and will import previous libraries and work on 64-bit DAWs that don't have a built-in bit bridge or those that do not support 3rd Party bit bridges. It appears Logic Pro X falls into this category. We have SampleTank 3 coming this year as stated previously and there is no change in that schedule at this time.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:The current Powered By SampleTank products are 32-bit and I hope that has been clear, as we're not trying to hide that. SampleTank 3 will be 64-bit and will import previous libraries and work on 64-bit DAWs that don't have a built-in bit bridge or those that do not support 3rd Party bit bridges. It appears Logic Pro X falls into this category. We have SampleTank 3 coming this year as stated previously and there is no change in that schedule at this time.
Peter: can you confirm that Sampletank 3 will play the Sampletron and SampleMoog libraries or just prior Sampletank libraries. Otherwise, will Sampletron and SampleMoog be,updated to 64bit. I just upgraded to Logic X and rely heavily on Squids sounds/programs.

AdInfinitum wrote: Peter: can you confirm that Sampletank 3 will play the Sampletron and SampleMoog libraries or just prior Sampletank libraries. Otherwise, will Sampletron and SampleMoog be,updated to 64bit. I just upgraded to Logic X and rely heavily on Squids sounds/programs.
SampleTank 3 will be 64-bit, will load/import previous Powered By SampleTank libraries, and will be released by the end of the year. SampleTron and SampleMoog (and other specific GUI interfaces for Powered By SampleTank libraries) will no longer be offered nor necessary. They are actually not necessary now, you can currently run all of these libraries from SampleTank itself and that is the concept/mechanics of SampleTank 3 which is far more efficient and handy. Thanks.

Note that "Powered By SampleTank" refers to all of these current instruments that can be run in the SampleTank engine today. Those will also all be imported/loaded into the new engine too, when released.

Peter:

Thanks. That is excellent news regarding the Sonic Reality sample packages. I'd would hate to have lost these plugins as I migrate to Logic X. Please keep us posted on Sampletank 3's development.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”