Your favorite Drum sounds on a song/album

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For my very personal taste the best drumkit sound, you must listen...

Group - WWIII
Album - When god turned away
Song - Figthing for the earth

The sound is very punchy with lots of attack, this sounds cuts thru the mix like a sword.

Yeah, it´s very HEAVY, and what?

Guitarjeff wrote: Speaking of drummers who consistantly sound(ed) great in the studio, I wonder if anyone ever sampled Jeff Porcaro's (RIP) kit while he was in the studio?

How about a "Rosanna" kit squids? :-)
Jeff
Actually Jeff, I agree with your addition. I realized I missed a lot of drummers. Terry Bozio is another drummer who has some good sounding drums. The late Tony Thompson also had some good sounds.

I just picked up a Tama Star Classic drumset today (a birthday present to myself) and checked out the new Roland V-Drums. Very nice. Too bad I have last years model (TD-10)! Squids, there's some nice sounding kits Roland put together in the TD-20.

- eDrummist

Yeah those two definitely belong on the list! I remember Tony's great sounding drum intro on "Some Like It Hot"

Jeff

Happy Birthday eDrummist, hope everythings going well for you over there...

OT: Thanks Zoing! Nice to hear from you. Hope you and the family are well. I really miss NZ. If I win the Lotto, I'm moving there. Now, add to the list of drum sounds you like. I'm sure you have some you enjoy.

- eDrummist

damn near anything john brion produces, but his solo album "meaningless" manages to capture the charm of old atlantic recordings with the cleanliness of newer sounds.

also, john vanderslice (i know spoon was mentioned, but he spends a lot more time getting great and interesting sounds on his own stuff than he does for records he engineers) on all his albums - but cellar door blows the others away in terms of production value.

it may be a stupid idea....

but I like the drumsound from John Mayers live CD/DVD "Any given thursday" with Steven Chopek on drums..... that would make a cool kit

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”