The SR audio demo thread!

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rip off the Blue Nile? Moi? Never? :hihi:

Me entry for this months k-v-r contest. All SR stuff except for geetars and vocals, 2 mins of of classy pop for the kids! :-o

Over now

donkey tugger wrote: Over now
I like it. Catchy melody/beat. Flows together nicely.

I fear, however, that you have set the bar too high in your earlier demo that you did for Kriminal entitled "Pwogwokk" All future work will be judged against it and, to be frank, impossible to match. :lol:

Hope you are having fun with the SR sounds.

Dan

dgkenney wrote:

I fear, however, that you have set the bar too high in your earlier demo that you did for Kriminal entitled "Pwogwokk" All future work will be judged against it and, to be frank, impossible to match. :lol:

Dan
:hihi: A salutary warning of the dangers of mixing strong lager drinking with musical endeavour!

Short tune. But, as always, very nice stuff. Great Blue Nile chords in there. Love it. Nice guitar parts as well. Snare sounds nice and fluffy. Rich strings. Vocals are ace.

Squids wrote:Short tune. But, as always, very nice stuff. Great Blue Nile chords in there. Love it. Nice guitar parts as well. Snare sounds nice and fluffy. Rich strings. Vocals are ace.
Ah well, it had to be less than 2 mins for the contest rules, the buggers!

I really like that i-map brush kit in SS2, actually has samples that sound like someone was giving the drums a proper whack, rather than the jaaaaztastic tapping you usually get from sampled brush kits. Good work again sir! :D

donkey tugger wrote:
Squids wrote:Short tune. But, as always, very nice stuff. Great Blue Nile chords in there. Love it. Nice guitar parts as well. Snare sounds nice and fluffy. Rich strings. Vocals are ace.
Ah well, it had to be less than 2 mins for the contest rules, the buggers!

I really like that i-map brush kit in SS2, actually has samples that sound like someone was giving the drums a proper whack, rather than the jaaaaztastic tapping you usually get from sampled brush kits. Good work again sir! :D
Yeah! I like that too. Brush drums are so cool but you're right, most people just do delicate stuff for samples of brushes... yet good drummers will do whatever the song requires. Sometimes it requires a good SMACK.

Bottom line is that if you don't LOSE some of the straws or wires in the brush after the session then you didn't do it right! :lol:

Good luck with the contest. Please keep posting your music (no max minutes here). Also on www.sonikelementz.com if you get the chance. We love it.

Squids wrote: Please keep posting your music (no max minutes here). Also on www.sonikelementz.com if you get the chance. We love it.
:oops: Oh go on then, if you're twisting me arm. :D (plenty of time for music now, being jobless again this week! :hihi: )

Something a tad more noisy but still quite poppy in it's own little way;

overtaking

With i-map drums from ss2, drums from the acoustic drums collection, ahhhs from ss2, bass from bass collection (me old fave 60s love bass :love: ), a few bits and bobs from elab vinylistics 1 (boo, not SR! :P ), and (out of tune) geetar and crooning from me.

Ok, I thought I'd take this Easter weekend off work, and actually make some music!

I had one failed attempt that didn't go anywhere because it was too soft and new-age. The moment I scrapped it was the moment I remember that I like hard sounds.

So I made this:

http://audioshots.com/auditorium/viewtopic.php?t=715

So, uh, I suppose it goes on the shelf with all the other orchestral drum'n'bass heavy metal. It's also got a touch of dub reggae maybe...

It's not as loud as The Prodigy, sorry guys.

For anyone who's interested, almost everything came from Sonik Synth 2. The only exceptions are:
1. Guitars are a hybrid of electric guitar performed by me (crunched with Amplitube) and sampled guitars from Sonik Synth 2. The sampled guitars are foreground
2. Some record scratches in the background of the 2nd half of the slow section
3. The orchestra reverb is Glaceverb. None of my other reverbs could get that grossly exaggerated sense of space I wanted

Seriously, SampleTank2 is amazing. A couple of years ago, a piece like this would have taken me a month (in elapsed time, probably closer to a week full time). This Easter, that piece took me two days from start to finish.

And that included Easter family shenanigans too...

Forever,

Kim.

You write music way too fast, I'm seriously jealous. :lol:

Arglebargle wrote:You write music way too fast, I'm seriously jealous. :lol:
ST2 helps a lot because I don't have to waste my time fumbling through multiple windows using a dozen different softsynths and even more effects plugins. With ST2, everything's in one place and it's easy to get to - which means I spend less time playing with software, and more time actually making music.

And of course, none of that would be useful if ST2 didn't actually sound good. :) Fortunately, the effects are awesome and my sound library (based on Sonik Synth 2, but with a few additions) is a gold mine!

Forever,

Kim.

http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamM3 ... 72210&q=Hi

This f**king song took two full instances of ST2 and dozens of guitar tracks. I had fun writing it, but gah, I'm glad it's finished. :lol:

It's a mix of orchestral, metal, and world music (aka mostly Middle Eastern).

Note: you actually have to copy the stream link and paste it in your browser window for it to work... strange.

Arglebargle wrote:It's a mix of orchestral, metal, and world music (aka mostly Middle Eastern).
Wow!! Pretty epic :shock:

Fantastic job. I really liked the weaving of various instruments and beats. Very impressive.

Dan
Those that can, do. Those that can't, argue about it on k-v-r

Why thank you, sir! :D

Wow! Great stuff there Arglebargle! Which ST2 libraries did you use?

Forever,

Kim.

Mostly just ST2, though I used OmniSynth for the french horn and koto, and probably something else I'm forgetting.

All of the percussion loops are courtesy of ST2. The drum loops are from the Groove section of the Holiday Capsule.

I really really love ST2, the diversity of the samples allows me to do damn near any style I want. :D

The atmospheric synth stuff and wind effects are Crystal.

The neo-classical synth solos were done using Triangle I.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”