Mr. Tunes' Namm Report

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey jeez glad to see you got home okay!

he left on monday and didnt return until today- it really is the land down under.

unfortunately you were out and about when i decided to take off from namm so i dont have a photo with you and didnt get to say goodbye :(

so you've seen the US for your first time, i think you have to come to canada next trip. it's pretty cool up here and it's not as hectic as a namm show :)

im still trying to catch up on all the news from namm i barely saw any of these new products that were released from other companies.

Mr. Tunes wrote:hey jeez glad to see you got home okay!

he left on monday and didnt return until today- it really is the land down under.
Yeah. 14.5 hour flight. Night-time too, and I can't sleep on aeroplanes. :( I arrived home yesterday lunchtime, but I'm still all washed out. Having 300 news and email messages waiting for me wasn't helping either. I'm only just starting to deal with it all today.

Mr. Tunes wrote:unfortunately you were out and about when i decided to take off from namm so i dont have a photo with you and didnt get to say goodbye :(
Yeah I know. Bummer. I can't even remember what I was doing, but I came back and you'd already left to catch your flight. :?

Mr. Tunes wrote:so you've seen the US for your first time, i think you have to come to canada next trip. it's pretty cool up here and it's not as hectic as a namm show :)
:) That'd be cool. I costs a lot to fly anywhere from Oz though, so maybe I'll have to wait until I get a job. :wink: It'd be nice to have a holiday in Canada though. What's the land like where you are?

Mr. Tunes wrote:im still trying to catch up on all the news from namm i barely saw any of these new products that were released from other companies.
Oh yeah. Oh. Yeah. I subscribe to RSS feeds from the major MI news sites, so I got home and found well over 200 news items for me to read! :shock:

It was great meeting you and everyone else from IK and SR. It's amazing to see real people on the other side of the internet! 8)

Forever,

Kim.

Jeez wrote: Yeah. 14.5 hour flight. Night-time too, and I can't sleep on aeroplanes. :(
how could you not sleep after a weekend like that? did you not sleep a wink?
Jeezus wrote:Yeah I know. Bummer. I can't even remember what I was doing, but I came back and you'd already left to catch your flight. :?
you must've been checking one of 10,000 booths. i still cant figure out why roland invested in so much space (im sure they do this every year), when there really wasnt anything too exciting there? im so confused about this.
What's the land like where you are?
vancouver is rainy most of the year. it's nice here in the summer. it's on the ocean and there are mountains surrounding the place. that's really ideal "land"
my other home toronto, is a much bigger city, fairly nice and clean but it's not as scenic as vancouver. it has a real winter but there is ALOT going on there. im not sure if it's an easier time for an aussie to work in canada as per the "commonwealth"
Last edited by Mr. Tunes on Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

:x namm :x

o well, maybe this summer...

Jeez wrote:It's all true! I was there with Mr Tunes. He probably recognised more "big names" than me though. I'm terrible with that stuff! I got to shake BT's hand though! :hihi: and I overheard D (another IK guy) leave a phone message about SS2 for Hugo Chad! :love: but that's about it for me and celebrity. :wink:
Good to have you there representing us Melbournites Jeez.

Pity we missed the Mr Tunes/Jeez photo opportunity.

Caleb
Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.

yeah it really is horrible. but he ended up in a photo of the hotel parking lot so i do have some document that jeez really exists.

and this is a shot of Derrick Floyd from IK, an amazing guy who seems to know everyone in the biz. he's killer at giving demos i learned a lot from him.

namm is crazy to walk around, it's very crowded:
i was in such awe, that animation is actually quite accurate to how i was seeing everything.

and people are selling things rapidly all over the place, like these sweet Blue microphones. you either sell your product or you are forced to die. the stakes are high, can you feel it?

if you dont go to the finale booth you suck. this is where the real action is going on at namm.

a friend of the company from Roland came by maybe squids can identify this one

this guy is high on the music

squids do you have that pic from the Galaxy of us? im not sure if larry is in it.

"this is the digidesign ICON. dont touch it or i'll kill you. we stole it from the star trek enterprise. let's get 'em boys!"
i give them lots of money im allowed to poke fun. i was expecting a new interface this year. i was disappointed.
Last edited by Mr. Tunes on Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:52 am, edited 4 times in total.

Woohoo! I exist! :)

I wonder how that light patch on the side of my head got there? Weird lighting probably. My hair does actually grow on that patch above my ear. :lol:

Forever,

Kim.

Jeez wrote:Woohoo! I exist! :)

I wonder how that light patch on the side of my head got there? Weird lighting probably. My hair does actually grow on that patch above my ear. :lol:
that was because of the stairwell above us.

Your guy there who is "high on the music" is the drummer for Prince and is absolutely incredible. I watched him play with Sheldon Reynolds, Larry Dunn and Bobby Watson (from EWF) in a private room with just a small group of people. I actually have a few clips from that. Hold on a sec...

Squids wrote:Your guy there who is "high on the music" is the drummer for Prince and is absolutely incredible. I watched him play with Sheldon Reynolds, Larry Dunn and Bobby Watson (from EWF) in a private room with just a small group of people. I actually have a few clips from that. Hold on a sec...
that's it right there folks! you hear great music all over the place at namm and if you're like me you have no clue what you are getting. my best friend in toronto is a prince fanatic(im not kidding) i think he's back from mexico today i gotta show him this.

im so outta the loop.

i JUST remember that i was showing Sonik Synth to a programmer/engineer for Marilyn Manson and he was nutsos about it too. i dont like to toot my own horn but me and jeez were really good at showing the software to people. i mean pretty good considering that we are not employees or anything.

more photos:
okay so this one pissed me off, in case you havent realized it's pretty loud at a namm show. they cant control the noise. so when i see stuff like this i get pissed. sorry if you've brought your baby to namm but i dont back that:
i found this is in the laundry room of my apartment the night before i left, squids do you know this model? it's mine now!
this was the final day:
yes more nice california:
and i love futureman, too bad he didnt come to IK. roger nichols engineers them too squids!

thanks, Mr. Tunes and Squids -- I really enjoy these trip reports and photos :)
5 twelve

havran wrote:thanks, Mr. Tunes and Squids -- I really enjoy these trip reports and photos :)
oh it's my pleasure man. i have more photos and squids has more too i think. but IK will be posting a namm report soon where you can see more shots of the big boys jamming on the stage.

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”