V.A. Brush Kit (Drum Roll Script)

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I urge you guys to try this out....it's just fantastic this thing..........i couldn't be happier with it.....

this script really gives you such interesting roll results....

does anybody have this kit?.....i've been fiddling around with it trying to make something custom with the level mixer script.....it seems as though the script references these snares,toms,etc from actual file names and not note name making it really hard...anyone know exactly how this script works?...

also i see that the ambience is triggered...just by using another sample layered...and it's essentially volume control...but i think these files are coded the same way that references a name...not a note number..

plain wrote:does anybody have this kit?.....i've been fiddling around with it trying to make something custom with the level mixer script.....it seems as though the script references these snares,toms,etc from actual file names and not note name making it really hard...anyone know exactly how this script works?...

also i see that the ambience is triggered...just by using another sample layered...and it's essentially volume control...but i think these files are coded the same way that references a name...not a note number..
Hi,
yes, the ambience is seperate samples -this is the way all drum kits with ambience/bleed work -DFHS, BFD etc. Its the best way, as you get the real room from Real World studios recorded with U87's etc.

The ambience samples are nothing to do with any scripts - they are seperate groups, which are triggered at the same time as the dry groups. The scripts then control the volume and mix of them, as you correctly say.

The level mixer script is simply MIDI cc's controlling the various volume levels of each individual group. its very simple indeed. If you look at the amp section of a group, in the modulation tab underneath you'll see the MIDI cc assignment to volume.

thats all there is to it. If you wish to adjust levels or the way they work, do it in the group, not the script, i would suggest.

James

sorry for triple posting....i keep answering my own posts...

yes these scripts definately reference the sample name...i tried it over and over verifying a couple things..........but im looking at this script and i dont understand how they get input and store the sample names....if i could only find that out..maybe i can customize this template....

i wrote that post while you were typing yours....

in response......my question is how do i assign the knobs to the appropriate groups?

Hi,
the scripts don't reference the sample names, I promise. Can you tell me where you think they do?

your right..they dont....i just realized how it worked thanks to your post...im still tinkering with it to fully understand it so that i can make my own kits from these templates....

one thing im confused about is why the midi cc's in some of the groups are not in order from ambience to dry......vice versa........im guessing it doesn't matter because the level script makes the ambience relative and it puts it as absolute....

i'm not sure exactly what you mean, but its very simple to re-use the scripts again in your own patches.

load the scripts, assign midi controllers to the kontakt parameters you want to control within the groups, etc -the knobs are just midi knobs, and can be assigned to filters, lfo -anything.

they are numbers 41 onwards for the level mixer, all our other midi knob scripts use 21-28

yes i finally understood it.....thanks for the help

this drum roll script.....i tried patching one in max/msp that did the same thing......it worked but it sounded like machine gun rolls...lol.......i even accounted for random velocitys and such..but it still sounded horrible.....then i saw this patch and saw that i left out one simple thing....

seeing this kit and the usage of multisamples really gave me some new insight on creating new sounds....

yeah, the roll script works better and better the more samples it can use on the round robin -on the bigger VA drums kits it has more different hits to access, so sounds better and less machine-gunny.

ideally you'd have 10 or so different drum hits per velocity layer being cycled round robin with the script -then it would sound perfect. but that's a whole other project!

Return to “Soniccouture”