Abstrakt- Dub Rhodes

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Now I love this sound, and I love the delay, but I just can't seem to play too many chords, until I get cpu spikes and overloads. I've tried playing with voices in K2.1 and short of swapping sampling rates or rendering I was wandering if you could offer any solutions ?

I can turn the decay right down, but that alos kind of defeats the point, I didn't think my PC had gotten taht old already! :D

Nev
I span the genres, they call me the genre spanner.

Hi,
yeah, its kind of a constraint of the Dub Delay script - it acheives its delays by playing actual notes again and again, as I'm sure you realise -this is how each one can be pitched down, etc. The only real way round it, as you say, is to turn down the decay..

You say you've tried limiting the polyphony? turning it down to 16 0r 20 so might help.

Or, as a left field idea -copy the group containing the samples, name it rhodes group 2 or soemthing -then assign each of the two groups to it's own voice groups, and then tweak the poly of each voice group to suit your system. put the groups on round robin, as well.

Tell you what, I've just done it. Email us via the website and i'll mail you the new patch. I hope it'll help, we'll have to see how well it has worked

soniccouture wrote:Hi,
yeah, its kind of a constraint of the Dub Delay script - it acheives its delays by playing actual notes again and again, as I'm sure you realise -this is how each one can be pitched down, etc. The only real way round it, as you say, is to turn down the decay..

You say you've tried limiting the polyphony? turning it down to 16 0r 20 so might help.

Or, as a left field idea -copy the group containing the samples, name it rhodes group 2 or soemthing -then assign each of the two groups to it's own voice groups, and then tweak the poly of each voice group to suit your system. put the groups on round robin, as well.

Tell you what, I've just done it. Email us via the website and i'll mail you the new patch. I hope it'll help, we'll have to see how well it has worked
wow, shall email via the website now, won't be able to test the new version till tomorrow, as it's on awork computer. but many thanks.

nev :)

Nev wrote:
soniccouture wrote:Hi,

wow, shall email via the website now, won't be able to test the new version till tomorrow, as it's on awork computer. but many thanks.

nev :)
Yep, does seem to imporve my glitches somewhat, so I can bring my latency back down. :)

I just want to ssay thank you again, certainly given me some ideas for other tweaks I can make to some other sounds too.

Fanatstic support from you guys, many many thanks!

Nev

P.S when are you going to make Abstrakt2 :wink:

we aim to please!

Return to “Soniccouture”