Soniccouture Release Xtended Piano for Kontakt Player

RELATED
PRODUCTS

I thought I'd bump this thread because the xtended piano is so beautiful. I also upgraded from bowed piano the day it came out, and just love what you get. The included loads of sound design instruments are perfect examples to find your own strange instruments...
There are a lot of instruments playable for not the newest machines, but my 2 year old 2 core laptop sometimes gets cpu-overload with some of the instruments, so in cases like that I just restrict the voices to 75 or 64 instead of 128 if i play something faster, or I swap the convolution sends with the Kontakt-reverb or another nice vst-reverb. Easily done for all of us without spick'n span machines, and the xtended piano really is something I had dreamt of for years :)

Klemperer wrote:I thought I'd bump this thread because the xtended piano is so beautiful. I also upgraded from bowed piano the day it came out, and just love what you get. The included loads of sound design instruments are perfect examples to find your own strange instruments...
There are a lot of instruments playable for not the newest machines, but my 2 year old 2 core laptop sometimes gets cpu-overload with some of the instruments, so in cases like that I just restrict the voices to 75 or 64 instead of 128 if i play something faster, or I swap the convolution sends with the Kontakt-reverb or another nice vst-reverb. Easily done for all of us without spick'n span machines, and the xtended piano really is something I had dreamt of for years :)
thanks for your post, glad you're enjoying it.

Good advice there for anyone that has a slower machine - Kontakt does indeed have lots of ways to reduce the CPU load, turning off the convolution reverb being the main one on our instruments, and reducing the polyphony in the main kontakt instrument bar, as you also said.

even though our instruments are set to 128, this is VERY generous, it has to be said. not so long ago i wrote all my music on a 32-note polyphonic sampler, often using 16 different patches on 16 different MIDI channels, and i still never really had a big problem with audible note-stealing.
So, if anyone needs to help out their computer.. cut the Polyphony down to 32, and if you can't hear the difference, don't worry about it!

James

I read in this thread that there was an upgrade offer for owners of bowed piano. If one were to take advantage of the new 50%off classics deal that you have running, and buy bowed piano now, would they be eligible for an upgrade to extended in the future?

Thanks,
Flynn

Hi,
if you buy Bowed Piano, you will then get an upgrade offer for Xtended Piano in your SC account.
the discount is :

25 Euro or $40 off the full price of Xtended Piano.

James

Awesome! Thanks for replying! :D

Return to “Soniccouture”