Ondes Martenot???

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh YEAH!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Yet another way in which you must deprive me of my moolah!
:x :x :x :hihi:

yeah, I just saw the mail! Sweet!

yes -it should be ready fairly soon. we've been waiting for Kontakt 4.2 to be released, as Ondes relies on some new functionality in there.

How would it be controlled in Kontakt? Not just keys I assume?

We've come up with various real-time control options that can be setup according to taste, playing ability and available equipment.

But, yes - of course we have to assume that most users only have a keyboard available. Any sampled recreation of an Ondes Martenot will be a compromise, even if you do happen to have a ring controller or even a doepfer ribbon controller ( which we have).

We have tested it using an inexpensive Korg Nanopad which has an X-Y control pad on it - this gives good results. We'd recommend any kind of MIDI ribbon or pad controller for adding expression, but it's certainly not essential.

In fact, we were surprised to see Thomas Bloch playing a lot of passages on the Ondes Martenot without using the Ring control at all, just using the keyboard in a conventional way. I think many people don't realise that the ring control is just one part of what is an incredibly versatile instrument ( I certainly didn't). Another important part is the way vibrato is controlled from the keyboard - the entire keyboard is mounted on rails in such a way that you can 'wobble' it left and right to create vibrato with your finger as you play.

Another big part of the authentic O.M. sound comes from the 3 speaker units that come with the instrument. We have extensively sampled Impulse responses from these, so that the user can use one or all of the speakers separately or at once, from different mic distances etc. Personally i love this function, it makes it possible to add so much character just by mixing the outputs of different speakers.

Because of the character of the speakers and of the individual oscillators, we decided to take the kontakt instrument further, and we have built a separate, complimentary instrument called the 'Poly-Ondes'. This is great for pad sounds, blending the 7 different osc sounds through the 3 speakers sounds really unique.

James

It's available and it sounds great!

Amazing sounding library, guys! Congratulations!

I'm gonna have to save up for that Super Ribbon Controller for my Kurzweil PC3K8 now! :)

we recommend the Korg Nanopad for those on a budget.. works well, and is only 50 dollars or so.

Well, I'm using my PC3K8 for live performance as well, ribbon can be useful there too, and I wanted to get it anyways. I just need to wait for it to become available again. :D

But yeah I can see how Nanopad can work great for those on a budget, too. :)

Kontakt script more and more worked, driven !
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7., D.P. 11.3 & Kontakt 7.9 _ Gibson ES 295 & Explorer _ FilterBank2 Sherman & PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Altiverb 8_ Explorer Loïc Le Pape
https://loiclepapesteelguitars.com/

Can't wait to get this! :D

You'e really done it this time. You guys have excelled yourselves. I am just listening to the example files - this is extraordinarily good - really sounds the part, especially the pitch ribbon thing - amazing job and an absolute no brainer to buy! :love:

How do you get the smoothness of the continuous pitch changes using samples?

Surely something like an Ondes Martinot is best done using modelling synthesis?

Well, scripted portamento goes a long way ;)

Return to “Soniccouture”