Loading Broken Wurli instruments [SOLVED]

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there
I got the Broken Wurli instrument today. It has some unique and very nice sounds, but I am having some resource issues. Browsing the preset EP instruments, I find that (at least for the five I tried) each takes about 6 minutes to load into Kontakt 5.

This happens whether I am using Kontakt in standalone mode or in Acid Pro 7. (System spec: Dell Vostro 3500 laptop, Win 7 32 bit, 4 gb ram, Intel Core i5 CPU 2.53 ghz)

I realise, as pointed out in the manual, that having been sampled with multiple mics etc, these are RAM-hungry instruments. Still, I'm not sure I understand why these should take so long to load. In addition to my 5 or so SC instruments and the Kontakt 5 factory instruments, I have around a dozen other Kontakt instruments. The largest -- and slowest loading -- one, excluding Broken Wurli, is another company's electric guitar, with a sample size of 2 gb. It takes around 30 seconds to load. Based on that, and assuming a linear relationship between instrument size sample size and loading time (which maybe is wrong) , then these Broken Wurli instruments should take just under a minute to load, no? Seen this way, six minutes does seem really slow.

To be clear -- by loading I mean either dragging a new instrument from the instrument browser into an empty multi rack, or, once there is an instrument in the multi rack, clicking the arrow button at the top of the multi rack to advance to the next preset.

Is there something I can do to reduce loading times? It seems the instruments are already compressed to a lossless format. And although I can use the memory management option to turn off, for example, the Broken Speaker or Line Out, I can only do so after the instrument is loaded.

Please advise if you can. There are around 50 preset instruments. From my other SC products I know that your presets are usually pretty excellent; but based on these loading times, it would take 50 x 6 = 300 minutes = 5 hours, excluding playing time, just to check each one out ... once.
Last edited by lingyai on Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Hi,

Something is not right here, Broken Wurli takes under a minute to load on my system, and should be comparable to the other sample sets you have there, as you said.

if you try resaving one instrument, then loading it again, does it improve?

Do you have Broken Wurli on an external or different hard drive?

Please email us via the website to continue this support request directly.

We will look into possible causes of this and get back to you.

James

After some direct correspondence with James -- thanks for your help, sir -- it's all ok. Basically, if anyone else has this problem, in Kontakt, do a batch re-save of all the preset instruments (assuming you haven't made any tweaks you want to keep; they will be overwritten). This took around 90 minutes. After that, each preset loads in around 3-5 seconds.

Some of them are awesome, by the way, I can now report.

Neither of us know why this was neccessary -- James hasn't seen the problem occur with Broken Wurli, and I'd not seen it with any other SC instrument -- but, well, there you go. All's well that ends well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Glad it got sorted in the end!

Return to “Soniccouture”