Library Licensing Query

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Trying to figure out something with regards licensing. I think I'm correct in saying that the standard Soniccouture license allows me use the library in different locations (for example at home and in a studio) provided I'm the only person who uses it?

I seem to have a problem doing this in practice though, with Soniccouture products that are built as Kontakt libraries (as opposed to patches). As far as I can work out the library is bound to a specific service center ID. So if the studio has its own copy of Kontakt, registered under its own ID, and I also have my own copy of Kontakt registered under my ID, I can't use my Soniccouture libraries that are registered against my home ID in the studio (it complains that the license is already registered to another service center account).

How can I get around this (or am I required to buy two copies of everything)?

Hi,
you can install on 2 different computers, yes - you can login to service center with your own ID and authorise the library there, even though kontakt is not registered to you. You should then remove it after you finish working there to avoid future authorization complications.

If you contact us after this, we can arrange for NI to delete the authorisation from your record to free it up for future use.

James

Fantastic - thanks James.

Return to “Soniccouture”