Samplesphere - Inspire CC

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Inspire CC

Samplesphere - Inspire CC
KVR Developer Challenge 2018 entry.

Inspire CC is a stereo or multi out sample based synth with four channels, each having its own sound source, controls and options. Although designed primarily to produce rich pads Inspire CC is capable of shorter sounds such as bass and other hard attack sounds.

I'm totally unrelated to the developer, but I've just tried the plugin and really liked what I've heard, and saw there is no thread yet, so here it comes.

Judging from the default preset bank, what you get is a pure pad synth. The pads are quite complex, very usable, and they sound good. The bad points are : the global sound is not the best I've heard (only needs global EQing imo, so no real problem here), and please note that... the plugin is... (yes, yes, you see it coming...) 32 bit only... :scared: But it works great with JBridge in Cubase 9.5.
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

Yeah, I really dig this synth. It's like a long-lost previously unreleased H.G. Fortune synth IMO.

Russell Grand wrote:Yeah, I really dig this synth. It's like a long-lost previously unreleased H.G. Fortune synth IMO.
Not a fan of the 32 bit but it has already been said. The ref to HG Fortune re-got my intetest.

I listened to the sound demos but they all sounded like the same pad almost after a while. Is that the case or is it just the demo examples?
https://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer- ... dc18-15045
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

Could not vote on this as some of the installation files are corrupt.

barrybitter wrote:Could not vote on this as some of the installation files are corrupt.
I've downloaded the current version and it installs and runs fine.

It might be worth downloading it again. But that's up to you.
ImageSamplesphere

SparkySpark wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:Yeah, I really dig this synth. It's like a long-lost previously unreleased H.G. Fortune synth IMO.
Not a fan of the 32 bit but it has already been said. The ref to HG Fortune re-got my intetest.

I listened to the sound demos but they all sounded like the same pad almost after a while. Is that the case or is it just the demo examples?
No, they're most definately not all the same pad sound. I didn't have time to come up with different compositions for each preset audio demo, so it may be just that there are only two compositions playing over and over. I hope you'll try it out and hear for yourself.
ImageSamplesphere

Samplesphere wrote: I've downloaded the current version and it installs and runs fine.
Yep, I had no installation issues here.

SparkySpark wrote:

Nice pads, changeable GUI colors, try it out.

Samplesphere wrote: No, they're most definately not all the same pad sound. I didn't have time to come up with different compositions for each preset audio demo, so it may be just that there are only two compositions playing over and over. I hope you'll try it out and hear for yourself.
Ok thanks. I understand the composition (which is nice btw) is used over and over, but the examples pad sound sounds like it is the same used with just a tiny bit of layering on top of it.

Perhaps you could post the same melody but with another pad? If people listen to the fifteen or so demo examples, the sure will be put off because of the similarities. It is a real shame, because the only pad sound I hear sounds delicious.
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

this really is like a long lost hg fortune synth...that was my immediate thought when i started using it.

as has been mentioned though...it all sounds kind of the same. i really really want to like this, but no matter how many times i click that random button or even manually change things....it just sounds pretty much the same.

maybe an update with some more variations in sound would help. its a great concept, and its really nice to play with something so similar to an hgf synth...but....it falls a bit short on sound for me.
ImageImageImage

Deleted
ImageSamplesphere

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”