Acrobatics Alieno

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alieno

djgroovy wrote: Looking forward to that, cause this is a major issue.

Going through the entries, so far you got my n. 1 vote!
Incredibly, a friend of mine claims he was able to open 5 instances in Nuendo and have no issue, but that's a Core2Duo E6700... lucky him with such a beast.. :wink:

bobsled wrote:No problem getting 1.0.2 to work in eXT1.4.1. I do have a problem with dramatic rise in CPU usage when the instrument sits idle for a moment. My work around so far is to not stop playing. Thankfully Alieno sounds really, really good.

btw love the GUI.
That can happen when particular settings are causing denormals... I'll work on it, but it might be very long to spot..

Easy that it's the reverb causing it, try modifying the reverb settings for that patch, for the moment..

A.

So, I've tried modifying the reverb settings on two patches in particular that give me the CPU spike. Progressor and Chemical Sister if played with a bit then left for a few moments will spike the meter regardless of reverb settings.

Many of the presets give me no problems ever. Progressor and Chemical Sister reproduce the problem always.

:shrug:

bobsled wrote:So, I've tried modifying the reverb settings on two patches in particular that give me the CPU spike. Progressor and Chemical Sister if played with a bit then left for a few moments will spike the meter regardless of reverb settings.

Many of the presets give me no problems ever. Progressor and Chemical Sister reproduce the problem always.

ok thx for the spot, see what I can do.
For the moment, I have a better workaround for you: a very clever german guy made this:

http://www.digitalfishphones.com/main.p ... &subItem=6

You can put the effect in insert on the instrument channel to avoid denormals.
Haven't tested yet, but I think it must work.

---------

Good news for who's willing to play multiple instances, instead: 1.0.5 will allow that with no crashes on program change.
I'll set-up v1.0.5 with this new features tomorrow. Since 1.0.4 it's not online still, at this point I hope to superceed 1.0.4 and tell Tuz and Ben to upload directly the 1.0.5 ...

A.

Oh, those clever german guys. Normalizer denormals eleminator works great as an insert, it needs to send a low signal through the problematic plugin. Alieno has no input for audio, only MIDI.

Thanks for looking out for me though. :wink:

Acrobat wrote:
bobsled wrote:So, I've tried modifying the reverb settings on two patches in particular that give me the CPU spike. Progressor and Chemical Sister if played with a bit then left for a few moments will spike the meter regardless of reverb settings.

ok thx for the spot, see what I can do.
For the moment, I have a better workaround for you: a very clever german guy made this:

http://www.digitalfishphones.com/main.p ... &subItem=6

You can put the effect in insert on the instrument channel to avoid denormals.
Haven't tested yet, but I think it must work.

---------

Good news for who's willing to play multiple instances, instead: 1.0.5 will allow that with no crashes on program change.
I'll set-up v1.0.5 with this new features tomorrow. Since 1.0.4 it's not online still, at this point I hope to superceed 1.0.4 and tell Tuz and Ben to upload directly the 1.0.5 ...

A.

very sorry a. i was going to do it today but if you want to send me .5 i'll wait. :) you can use my kvraudio email btw. it's all fixed.

ah ok tuz, yes please wait I'm building the .5 thingy rite now!!!
Last edited by Acrobat on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

bobsled wrote:Many of the presets give me no problems ever. Progressor and Chemical Sister reproduce the problem always.

@ bobsled: On 1.0.5, I added a denormal circuitry to get rid of CPU rises on idle, it cuts out unnecessary calculations, here goes, hope it works on your computer too. It may need some more refinement, though.

@ djgroovy: with 1.0.5 you would be able to use multiple instances and change presets in each without problems now.

cheers,
:)
A.
Last edited by Acrobat on Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Great!
Gonna d/l it tonight.

Acrobat wrote: Hey mbreges - this is pure fun! You did it, right?

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/4/5/958187/KiTR.mp3

Really nice!
Features (together): KitR, Alieno, FFDelay and Xoxos thunder!

:D
Yep, I did it. Also added some basses in the second part of the track and posted it here.

Cheers,
Max

wil be updated to .5 by ben. :) (should be soon)

tuz wrote:wil be updated to .5 by ben. :) (should be soon)
Here it is!!!
:) :) :)

Hi - I downloaded your synth several days ago and tried it for the first time tonight. Very cool product! But I too am having sound problems though. When I hold a note, after about 20 seconds it cuts out on almost every patch. When I advance to the next preset I can get the sound again, but then it cuts off again. Almost like it is turning off my soundcard??

I am using Tracktion 2 - AMD 64x2-4800 - padKontrol for input.
Please advise if there is a fix for this!

Thanks,
Jerry

jer1224 wrote:Hi - I downloaded your synth several days ago and tried it for the first time tonight. Very cool product! But I too am having sound problems though. When I hold a note, after about 20 seconds it cuts out on almost every patch. When I advance to the next preset I can get the sound again, but then it cuts off again. Almost like it is turning off my soundcard??

I am using Tracktion 2 - AMD 64x2-4800 - padKontrol for input.
Please advise if there is a fix for this!

Thanks,
Jerry
Yes it's apparently a denormal issue, very sorry Jerry! It's the same problem spotted by Bobsled! I'm working on that, :roll: A.

Good luck to you!

I hope you can find a way to get it to operate normally.
You have a great idea here and it would be a shame if it can't be fixed.

Jerry

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”