KVR DC 12 is Go Go Go Get Em!

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

On the main page, it would be nice to know the date of the version upgrades.

I would hope there are not too many people participating in the DC thinking it is just a big circle jerk where we all play nice, congratulate all participants equally, and make up all the points in the end. I would imagine the vast majority of participants actually want some critical feedback, and do not expect or judge themselves to be #1. It is after all a bigger stage than a lonely forum post in Instruments... Obviously some are more experienced than others. No one should claim ignorance to that.

I think that KvR has a big enough userbase to be able to absorb extreme cases like Compy. I mean, that is sort of evidenced just by people like Compy being here. I mean, that is why this contest exists and is viable. All sorts represented here.

Sure, most people are not 'ditching' all synths, but some are.
Some people are not interested in dynamics plugs, but many are.
Some wont work through bugs, but some will.
That is how this whole voting thing works. :hihi:

Now I hate circlejerky shit, so I feel the need to say again- This is how voting works, ffs.
It all shakes out in the end.
The buggy one, gets less votes, deservedly, based ONLY on the fact that less people were willing to push through the bugs.
Mac stuff- Less Macs = Less votes. Fair.
Standard 2osc "VA"? Maybe less votes from old heads with deeper pockets, maybe more votes from youngsters looking for cheap alternatives.
I mean, this is the point.
That is why voting happens. :hihi:

As far as not stating criticisms publicly, well what are we here for? This is a forum. Information is to be shared, along with opinion. If the reader is going to be swayed not try a synth because someone else has too many synths, then you probably shouldnt value that opinion anyway. Likewise, if someone is not willing to put in a few clicks effort to check out your work, then how valuable is their opinion?
It shakes out in the end as long as Diebold is not involved. :hihi:
ImageImageImageImage

Kriminal wrote:He killed himself cos he was a selfish drug addicted goon who didnt give a f**k about anyone.
I wouldn't know for sure. I would have to have been there, around him. So far, of the on-going research I am doing, the people that were around him do not seem to say what you say. But... to get married and have a daughter and then kill himself, maybe you are right. Artists should never marry because being selfish to the art and being sensitive seems to be a requirement.

And what about all of the selfish drug addict goons who dont kill themselves?
Are they just the really extra bad ones, that dont even feel bad enough about it to off themselves?
Man, those are the ones to watch out for.
ImageImageImageImage

If I am a new developer, I would like to know if people EVEN voted for my product. The way it is, only the 5 winners know for sure.

Regarding rsmus7 the lone preset maker, would it be too late for him/her to change his/her choice of instruments if he/she wants and instead make presets for the products in DC12? It seems to me that people who are expert at making presets are the ones that could show how good a product can be DURING DC12 and not after.

Tricky-Loops wrote: As his name alludes, the problem was Cocain, not Criticism... :(
no it wasnt,unless his name is really kurt brown, or kurt horse...

also, not every agrees it was suicide...

here a demo with lot of effects and instruments

http://bam-dorner.music-society.net/wp- ... Demo11.mp3

vurt wrote:
also, not every agrees it was suicide...
Would they, per chance, also believe in moon landings and the easter bunny?

highkoo wrote:And what about all of the selfish drug addict goons who dont kill themselves?.

They are obviously still enjoying themselves. Give em time.

musicus wrote:here a demo with lot of effects and instruments
Demo11.mp3
Hier eine Demo mit den Effekten und Instrumenten von KVR-Challenge 2012, thanks Bam. Do you know if Minkatinka is putting in an appearance ?

EDIT: I forgot to say, its' a great track.
Last edited by bob bobwood on Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

highkoo wrote: Now I hate circlejerky shit, so I feel the need to say again- This is how voting works, ffs.
so do i. if i ever post my 'music' in a forum somewhere, i expect criticism. i also give it on others' stuff, and those types of forums often are pretty 'circlejerky'. everyone gives compliments, hoping to get them back. but as far as i see, nobody here is saying criticism in general is bad, except maybe your strawman.

now can you explain to me why it's ok for compy or you or anyone to express their criticisms of the devs, no matter how casually dismissive or completely nonconstructive they may be, but why it isn't ok for me or others to express our disagreement or to point out that by ditching because of bugs, you aren't giving that dev a chance to FIX those bugs? the voting lasts a month, isn't part of that time likely there to give devs a chance to fix bugs that are reported? if everyone ditched over bugs, and didn't report them, the dev has no chance to do that. fixing bugs is part of being dev, and this is called the DEV challenge. so i see compy's criteria as not really being in total accordance with the spirit of the thing. as you say, he, or she, can feel that way, vote that way AND express that sentiment.

it's just that i (and others) can say stuff back.

it's as someone pointed out earlier, the critic couldn't accept criticism of his/her critique, and ditched the thread.

We all have our own voting criteria, even if most of us don't disclose it so obviously like Compyfox. OTOH, if we all would show the DC12 participants our voting criteria, then they could learn from it and would see what demands we have regarding the plugins...

Tricky-Loops wrote:We all have our own voting criteria, even if most of us don't disclose it so obviously like Compyfox. OTOH, if we all would show the DC12 participants our voting criteria, then they could learn from it and would see what demands we have regarding the plugins...
My voting criteria is almost the same as comfyfox's. The plugin has to be useful to me and it can't be so buggy that it's unusable. The difference is that unlike compyfox I have use for pretty much everything here at DC12 and I value them all. And as far as I know, most developer, if not all, are addressing issues and bugs.

Somebody put a 'Trans Computer Maschine' demo in Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OMi6Nyztcw

However, to feel it working for real you must have it, set up your MIDI controller(s) and start playing as a kid with a new toy. I'm working on some FAQ document for people with not enough sound synthesis knowledge to dig into it quick.

Enjoy,

Walter

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”