Trans Computer Maschine v1.30 released - evolved

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After downloading t-c-m.rar v1.02 here (http://www.freewebs.com/wallyaudio/t-c-m.rar) and unraring it, i got the following error message:

t-c-m.rar: CRC-Error in T-C-M\T-C-M\T-C-M.dll. TheFile is corrupt.

so your rar file might be bad packed, hope you'll fix it soon

maniacoli

maniacoli wrote:your rar file might be bad packed
File unpacked fine here.

Archive OK.

CMT wrote:You must disable the 'Sync' button to load tempo stored in a preset (check readme in new DL).
Well, i did, of course. But its not working properly anyway. As you can see on this GIF, (click thumbnail to view animation), it loads with 30 but runs at 120 - until i start moving the knob. Only then it slows down to what its supposed to run at. Also, it does not go back to the set manual speed after syncing/unsyncing.

Will check out and reply to the rest later, have to take care of some other things now. Thanks for the quick update.

PS: Did you see my last post? (Regarding the LFO trigger problem?)

Just a quickie to say that I love this synth - it's easy to get some lovely constantly shifting sequences out of it.

Thanks!

ENV1 wrote:BTW, i think i may have found another. When i feed the S&H module one of the LFO waveforms, the LFO doesnt trigger the module. Keyboard Trigger and Sequencer Clock work, though. LFO Trigger works fine when one of the OSC waveforms is used.
This is not a bug, if you set such connection, the S/H takes a sample from the LFO fot each LFO cycle so the sampled value is always the same...

ENV1 wrote:Well, i did, of course. But its not working properly anyway. As you can see on this GIF...
You were right, i fixed it and I'm uploading v1.03 right now...

Thank you very much for your help.

WC

Trans Computer Maschine, the ultimate modular pattern creator was updated to v1.03:

----------------
VERSION HISTORY
----------------

v1.00
- First release

v1.01
- Fixed Sequencer not responding to MIDI Continuous Controllers.

v1.02
- Fixed Sequencer rows settings messed up after preset reload.
- Fixed decay stages non functional after saving and reloading presets.
- Fixed filter pole-switch button lower left quarter unresponsive.
- Fixed misspelled 'Oscillators' in GUI.
- Sequencer 'Sync' button moved close to 'Tempo' to avoid confusing user.

v1.03
- Fixed tempo setting from loaded preset ignored.

(Thanks to ENV1 at the KVR forum for reporting bugs)

http://www.freewebs.com/wallyaudio/t-c-m.rar

If any of you find a bug please post it here so I'll try to fix it during the voting period.

I just created an account for preset submissions which will be included in the final release: tcmpresets@gmail.com

Thank you all.

Walter

Here's a screenshot:
This is a fun plug-in. I spent a couple hours fiddling around with it. I'd say the old school sequencer is the best part. The synth's filter is slightly let down by its SynthEdit origins but some nice sounds are possible including some weirdness when you use the ring modulator and FM.

Note the GUI is too big to fit on my netbook. It takes a lot of screen real estate.

Very nice synth, thanks!

Thank you all guys,

I'm so happy 'Trans Computer Maschine' was #3 in yesterday's KVR top ranks for both 'All' and 'Free' downloads.

Hope you really enjoy my work. I'm still alert to any bug report so I might fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you again...

Walter

FrantzM wrote:Note the GUI is too big to fit on my netbook. It takes a lot of screen real estate.
Believe me I made it the smaller/readable possible. I personally don't like plug-ins with multiple windows, I want everything in one screen so I can take my controller and start producing without touching the mouse. This concept applies here cause T-C-M was designed mainly as a live composition tool. As you might notice, it is completely MIDI controllable. You can even control it with two keyboards for the synth notes and sequencer buttons toggling.

Thank you very much for your interest.

WC

CMT wrote:As you might notice, it is completely MIDI controllable. You can even control it with two keyboards for the synth notes and sequencer buttons toggling.
Yes, I like that the sequence is transposable via MIDI and clicking the SET button allows you to jump directly to that step. Please consider releasing the step sequencer as a separate product. It is a really nice composition tool.

Somebody put a 'Trans Computer Maschine' demo in Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OMi6Nyztcw

However, to feel it working for real you must have it, set up your MIDI controller(s) and start playing as a kid with a new toy. I'm working on some FAQ document for people with not enough sound synthesis knowledge to dig into it quick.

Enjoy,

Walter

some of the presets not working for me. I will dl again, maybe it didnt unpack properly.

edit: nope still not working. For example the 'computing' preset.

win 7 64, reaper 64 using built in bridging. It might just be from the bridge, but usually its all or nothing. I never had something kinda work with the bridge before. In any case the presets that work sound great.

Panphobia wrote: edit: nope still not working. For example the 'computing' preset.
All presets work for me with Win 7, 32 bit in Reaper and Renoise. I have not tried 64 bit DAWs.

Panphobia wrote:some of the presets not working for me. For example the 'computing' preset.
I'm not sure because I can't check myself any possible set up at the moment (this is a 'one person project') but it's possible that some parameters in the first preset from the pre-loaded bank are 'initialized' in some hosts. This is not a big issue cause I can just replace the first preset with an 'Initial' one but anyway just let me know...

Thank you for your interest.

Walter

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”