ToneCarver - support/discussion for Regen

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Regen

This is a topic for support issues and/or general discussion of the ToneCarver Regen plugin submitted for the DC 2014. Feel free to post if you have questions, suggestions, issues or gripes. :) I'll do my best to give timely answers.

Cheers.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/regen-by-tonecarver

First of all, congrats on the release and good luck with the voting!

I'm interested in live looping so I briefly checked your plugin first. I still plan to spend some quality time with it but so far I'm liking it... quick question though: after skimming through the manual and testing its capabilities for a bit, I see that you can somehow "sync" layers within a track ("Match track" recording length), but I haven't found a way to sync the tracks themselves... is that by design or did I miss something?

Btw the layer/track hierarchy seems quite flexible and well thought-out, kudos on that.
The mind boggles.

Looks awesome - will there be a Mac version?

Juanjo wrote:I'm interested in live looping so I briefly checked your plugin first. I still plan to spend some quality time with it but so far I'm liking it... quick question though: after skimming through the manual and testing its capabilities for a bit, I see that you can somehow "sync" layers within a track ("Match track" recording length), but I haven't found a way to sync the tracks themselves... is that by design or did I miss something?
No, you did not miss anything ... there is currently no way to match or sync track lengths. That was one of the features that I had hoped to include but had to postpone due to time constraints. It is on the list of future features, just not available yet.
Last edited by ToneCarver on Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aMUSEd wrote:Looks awesome - will there be a Mac version?
Sorry, no. :(

I don't have access to a Mac and my codebase would have to be worked a bit to make it compilable on a Mac. A Mac version is not likely anytime soon. Sorry.

ToneCarver wrote:No, you did not miss anything ... there is currently no way to match or sync track lengths. That was one of the features that I had hoped to include but had to postpone due to time constraints. It is on the list of future features, just not available yet.
Ah great to know, thanks! It's actually not that big of a deal as you can work with layers within a single track, but still it might be useful down the road.
The mind boggles.

I've been trying REgen 64bit.
I'm using the default settings and i realized that only track C and D seem to be accepting audio when i record.
When i try to record in track A and B the audio doesn't get into the looper. Everything is on bus one and all controls seem to be set the same. Perhaps this is a bug. i will try to test the 32bit version

looks cool. there are not enough good 64bit compatible loopers out there so kudos for this!

Seamus

seamusblake wrote:I've been trying REgen 64bit.
I'm using the default settings and i realized that only track C and D seem to be accepting audio when i record.
When i try to record in track A and B the audio doesn't get into the looper. Everything is on bus one and all controls seem to be set the same. Perhaps this is a bug. i will try to test the 32bit version
Hmm .. there is nothing internal that would prevent tracks A and B from being recorded to. I presume the track is armed (little square recording button below the track is lit, i.e. shown as "red", and the recording focus led in the purplish focus area is lit red under the track letter you want to record to?)

For the A and B tracks are there any layers showing up in the Layers view after recording? I.e. is it doing nothing (no new layers added) or are there layers but no sound?

i found the problem. The little green play button was not engaged as it was for 3 and 4. thanks for the quick reply!!

is there any kind of cross fading going on to prevent clicks from happening when recording or hitting buttons. i know that mobius looper has a function like this that can be adjusted.

seamusblake wrote:is there any kind of cross fading going on to prevent clicks from happening when recording or hitting buttons. i know that mobius looper has a function like this that can be adjusted.
No, sorry, not yet. That feature did not make it in time for the DC but is on the list for later.

Hi, first of all I'm really enjoying this plugin and making various loops but I'm just wondering, and I hope this isn't a stupid question, is there a way to export any of the loops as .wav files or do I have to record the wavs in my DAW? (Or drag and drop, etc?) I looked through the manual but didn't see any reference to this. Thanks.

Kenmac wrote:Hi, first of all I'm really enjoying this plugin and making various loops but I'm just wondering, and I hope this isn't a stupid question, is there a way to export any of the loops as .wav files or do I have to record the wavs in my DAW? (Or drag and drop, etc?) I looked through the manual but didn't see any reference to this. Thanks.
There is no support for directly exporting .wavs from the looper .. maybe someday. For now you can capture the output by recording it in your DAW.

I just posted a bugfix version (v1.1) for Regen that fixes a bug that could cause Regen to crash if any single recorded layer gets reaaally loooooong, like around 2 billion samples, which is around 13 hours of recorded time at 44.1K (this would take about 16 gig of memory). In this version, any single layer that exceeds the 2 gig sample count is frozen at the max length and goes into overdub mode. Future updates might extend the maximum layer length beyond 2 gig samples, but that will take some time and attention to do it right, so this quick bugfix is a good stopgap for now to at least prevent the crash.

Bugfix version 1.1 is available on the Regen page: http://www.kvraudio.com/product/regen-by-tonecarver

Very nice plugin, ToneCarver, congratulations !
Syncing loops and Exporting recorded wav are great FR, i'm looking forward to the udpates, but i already enjoy it very much ;)

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”