Guitar Gadgets support topic

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Ivan_C
KVRian
1065 posts since 11 Aug, 2004 from Breuillet, France

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:47 am

I don't really know how I should code something like that :lol:

At one moment, I was planning to do a "crowd generator" with crowd and applause sounds playing depending on what the guitar player is doing, but I gave up because it was too much complicated to find good audio samples free to use to do this :lol:
Last edited by Ivan_C on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Compyfox
KVRAF
14245 posts since 19 Oct, 2003 from Berlin, Germany

Re: Guitar Gadgets support topic

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:49 am

If I want to get booed at, I play Guitar Hero in Hard mode. :hihi:
[ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ] | [ Mix Challenge ] | [ Video Project (in the making) ]

Ivan_C
KVRian

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:52 am

I should add something to detect when the guitar player is lifting his guitar up, so the interface becomes blueish with lightning and explosions :love:

aMUSEd
KVRAF
29636 posts since 14 Sep, 2002 from In teh net

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 4:34 am

Wolfen666 wrote:I don't really know how I should to code something like that :lol:
I suppose I was thinking of a reverb built from comb filters instead of just allpass filters - kindof like Schroeder reverb algo?

https://ccrma.stanford.edu/~jos/pasp/Sc ... ators.html

Ivan_C
KVRian

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:05 am

Well, I don't know a lot of things about reverbs. I read a little about them recently, on the CCRMA website, on valhalla's blog, thanks to various articles etc. And I did some state of the art implementations. At the end, Schroeder's reverb standard implementations and variations were the most horrible, sounding very metallic, using mostly standard parallel comb filters and serial "Schroeder's all pass filters".

"Niagara Falls" is just an implementation of reverb pioneers work, with a few tweaks here and there, and some extreme parameters to make it sound like I wanted. If I wish I do another reverb, I might study more deeply all this stuff. But since Valhalla did that very well yet, I have not a lot of interest in studying reverbs that much :lol:

I'm currently studying other kinds of DSP effects. My actual DSP "nemesis" is still the transient shaper :hihi: I might use them for a later version of Guitar Gadgets, I don't know...
Last edited by Ivan_C on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ivan_C
KVRian

Post Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:19 am

Else, in "catacombs", you have combs but also "cat". Maybe I should mix a reverb with my Miaou Miaou pedal algorithm ? And of course add some water drop / wind / shouting / laughing sound FXs appearing randomly ? :hihi:

Syntilla
KVRist
394 posts since 29 Nov, 2012

Post Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:24 am

Wolfen666 wrote:Else, in "catacombs", you have combs but also "cat". Maybe I should mix a reverb with my Miaou Miaou pedal algorithm ? And of course add some water drop / wind / shouting / laughing sound FXs appearing randomly ? :hihi:
Why the smiley?

Syntilla
KVRist

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:51 am

Wolfen666 wrote:You have to go there, and choose a number in front of each entry : http://www.kvraudio.com/kvr-developer-challenge/2014/
It won't let me vote for the same entry more than once!
Voting's gonna be more complicated than I thought.

Ivan_C
KVRian

Post Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:24 pm

It won't let me vote for the same entry more than once!
Voting's gonna be more complicated than I thought.
:D

Thanks everybody for the support during these three weeks :tu:

Syntilla
KVRist

Post Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:51 am

Actually, I almost didn't vote for you at all.
But then I noticed that, with my provisional top five, if you took the initials of the developers' names they spelled 'xoxos'.
So I've given Guitar Gadgets Blewm's points - just so I could replace an 'x' with a tilda.
Maybe not ideal, but it's about as fair a way to allocate votes as any other system I've been able to think of.

Ivan_C
KVRian

Post Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:05 am

:tu:

Ivan_C
KVRian

Post Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:20 am

While I'm here, I want to share with you an overview of the features I will add probably in the next 2 weeks :

It's still "Photoshop only" new features :hihi:

Ivan_C
KVRian

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:38 am

I'm still wondering what kind of effect I should make for the last pedal. What about a chorus ? :lol:

Ichad.c
KVRian
1037 posts since 8 Feb, 2012 from South - Africa

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:26 am

Wolfen666 wrote:I'm still wondering what kind of effect I should make for the last pedal. What about a chorus ? :lol:
Yeah, why not - but keep it 'guitar gadgets' style, i.e. fun. Ever heard the 'symphonic chorus' is some yamaha boxes?

Ivan_C
KVRian

Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:31 am

I never heard anything about that. Do you have some youtube videos or audio samples of this "symphonic chorus" ?

Of course, I'd like this last effect to be fun like the other ones :wink:

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2018”