Nova-67P DC14 topic

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nova-67P

Nova-67P is a parallel parametric equalizer plugin combined with a compressor. The compressor can optionally operate in frequency dependent and split-band modes. In this case the plugin operates as a parallel dynamic equalizer.

Features:

* 5 bands parallel equalizer with auto-gain.
* Optional high-pass and low-pass filters.
* Full-band frequency dependent and/or split-band compression.
* Side-chain filtering and pre-emphasis.
* Third-octave real-time spectrum analysis.
* External side-chain support.
* 64-bit internal processing.
* Hardcore UI style.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/nova-67 ... adg-sound/
http://vladgsound.wordpress.com/plugins/nova67p/

Okay, I didn't have enough time to prepare truly "commercial looking" plugin but the concept is too cool to drop it away.

Write your opinion, suggestions, bug reports here.
Vlad from Tokyo Dawn Labs

I just tried it briefly so far but I like the concept AND the gui :) Very flexible and it can sound quite natural too, good job! I'll dig deeper when I have a chance.
The mind boggles.

yzcoruhT

Whoa!
I've tried it on agressive edm drums group and it did amazing job. I've never liked to work with multiband compressors that i know because you fiddle with a lot of settings that influences volume also, so it is hard to tell if i am doing right. But because your plugin has autogain, it is no problem here. I think that it will be my mastering multiband comp _ eq for a long time.

this works really good,just tried it in ableton live

i also tried it in mixbus 2.5 dont know if its me but seems in mixbus its really really subtle even if you crank it

Seems like a real beast one has to learn to tame (so actually not really for impatient me, as my motto is: real men don't read manuals), but I could see myself using it just for the parallel EQ. Also like the GUI, high contrast, unique style and good usability. So far no problems on Win7 x64 with Cubae 6.5

nice

Can't wait to try it
Is there a way to add a custom GUI like some have done with Limiter6?

voted 5 stars :)

camsr wrote:Can't wait to try it
Is there a way to add a custom GUI like some have done with Limiter6?
Yes there is, I don't know if it is against the DC rules, but I did a quick job, not the best I can do, but it's easier on the eyes than the high contrast B/W of the original.

I will try to make it better if I get enough free time.

*edit*
It would be great if Vladislav could provide better knobs (as in Molot maybe), I don't like these ones.

/edit
Last edited by Lesha on Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It's easy if you know how

Great plugin - waited for something like this. Are you planning about making it VST3-able in the future, so that one can use the external sidechain in Cubase?
Last edited by Obsolete236871 on Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lesha wrote:... but it's easier on the eyes than the high contrast B/W of the original.
+1

I think, that all DC entries could be updated. And GUI change is update - In my opinion this isn't against DC rules. Hope that Vlad is in!
yzcoruhT

Thanks for the plugin, useful!

Two question:
1) Is it right to use it like a multiband compressor (three bands...)
2) Is it proud digital or it contains any "analog saturation"?

fwsuperhero wrote:Two question:
1) Is it right to use it like a multiband compressor (three bands...)
2) Is it proud digital or it contains any "analog saturation"?
It's all explained in the manual ;)

1. yes
2. digital
It's easy if you know how

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”